Options

A+ Cert Question

1FastZR11FastZR1 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

I passed A+ Essentials (220-601) exam on 23 May 2008. I never finished the second exam. What path can I take to get my A+ completed?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    SimridSimrid Member Posts: 327
    1FastZR1 wrote: »
    Hello,

I passed A+ Essentials (220-601) exam on 23 May 2008. I never finished the second exam. What path can I take to get my A+ completed?

Thanks!

Hey,

I would suggest thinking about where abouts within the IT industry you want to go. For server / admin work, looks at he Microsoft certifications or perhaps Red Hat. For networking Cisco is usually the beast to go with.

Although, if you want to stick with the + certifications, security+ is always a solid choice to go with, everyone needs things to be secure.

Hope this helps!

Simrid
    Network Engineer | London, UK | Currently working on: CCIE Routing & Switching

sriddle.co.uk
    uk.linkedin.com/in/simonriddle
  • Options
    Rave18Rave18 Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    1FastZR1 wrote: »
    Hello,

Thanks!

I think you will have to study again and appear for the new version of A+ (both exams). If you had gotten A+ certified, you could have renewed it by taking an higher level exam.

If I'm wrong, hope someone with more knowledge corrects me.