Options

Questions about CISSP endorsement process

analystanalyst Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
Now that I've passed the exam, I'm looking at the endorsement process.

I have the following resources:

1. A hard copy letter from ISC2, given to me at the Pearson center.
2. An email from ISC2, which more more or less echos item #1, with one interesting difference (more on that below).
3. A PDF, which I downloaded from the ISC2 site using a link in the email referenced above.

And these are my questions/thoughts:

1. The Employment History section of the PDF I downloaded (item #3) is basically asking for the same information the email they sent me (item #2) says they want in my resume. Do they really want the same information twice?

2. The letter they gave me (item #1) says they only want supervisor name/email/phone for the last 60 months. The email they sent me (item #2) has no such stipulation, the implication being they want that information going all the way back to Day 0. Thoughts? Which should take precedence?

3. The last 5+ years of my career have been spent with the same employer and I've had the same HR job title the entire time. My immediate manager has changed a few times (I'm on my 5th manager) and my responsibilities change as frequently as the business demands, but it's all kind of informal. I have it all listed as a single job on my resume and LinkedIn. For purposes of the CISSP resume (whether a separate document or as part of the PDF), do you all recommend I split the job up into smaller components (some were more InfoSec heavy than others) or just list it as a single job?

4. Supervisor contact - I assume they want the current supervisor and not the guy I spent most of my time working for? The new guy has only been around a few weeks.

I think that's it for now. Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    justjenjustjen Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you get answers offline, please share. I am in a similar situation. Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    analystanalyst Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    justjen wrote: »
    If you get answers offline, please share. I am in a similar situation. Thanks in advance!

Yes, of course.
  • Options
    mjsinhsvmjsinhsv Member Posts: 167
    I used the same resume.
    Just added two supervisor-manager contacts for each position at each employer to make it easy for the endorser to verify.
    Was a pain in the butt because I had to track people down. Some of the managers had moved on, retired or whatever.
    I went back like ten years just in case they couldn't contact someone. I've been working in IT since the earth cooled.
    Approached it as providing info to a prospective employer who are required to verify my employment history and references.
    I gave everything to the endorser who verified everything and sent the info to ISC.
    If you don't have an endorser, you can have your HR folks detail your responsibilities on company letterhead then you can send it to ISC with your resume.
    ISC will verify everything but might take a little longer.

Congratulations on passing.