I passed the O/S Test with a 681

fleckoflecko Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm very dissapointed in myself with the 681.

I didn't expect so many damn questions about NT and 95. I guess I got one of the tougher tests.

Anyway, I passed, this site is cool too so I decided to register!!!

I just did the Hardware test and without passing I barely got the percentage that's needed to pass for the real test.

:D:D:D:):):):o:o:oicon_cool.gificon_cool.gificon_cool.gificon_cool.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif :P :P :P :P :P icon_wink.gificon_wink.gificon_idea.gif

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    That's not a bad score on the 100-900 scoring scale and considering the required passing score, but regardless, you passed and that's what makes you certified. Congrats!
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • JiggsawwJiggsaww Member Posts: 195
    Webmaster wrote:
    That's not a bad score on the 100-900 scoring scale and considering the required passing score, but regardless, you passed and that's what makes you certified. Congrats!

wat does that mean for example cisco said the final score is based on a scale of 300-1000 points........
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    In case of the A+ OS exam, the passing score is 505 on a 100-900 scale. This means you get 100 points for free, and need 405 out of the remaining 800 available points.
  • JiggsawwJiggsaww Member Posts: 195
    wait wait wait wait........so u tellin me in case of cisco which is 300-1000 u get 300 points for free....and u have to get 549 outta the remainin 700?
  • thejmanthejman Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Dude at least you passed. I failed twice already. I don't quite get it. I took both tests originally on the same day. I was really worried about the HW section so I concentrated more on that. I passed w/a 595 (not impressive, but a pass nonetheless). The OS test really burned me. On the second try I studied for about 2.5-3hrs a night for a week & thought I knew the material really well. Took all the practice tests here & scored 85-100% on all of them plus others online. Not sure where I'm going wrong.

Any advice?
  • jedi_master_techjedi_master_tech Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey you passed!

Welcome to the club of the A+ certified. Its a great place to be.

Its funny because I know a lot of people that knew computers all their life.
    (some of them thought they were pretty good)

I come along, do a 6 month course.

Sit the A+,

And I am A+ certified before all of the people who did it all their life.
    Its a great feeling.
    Jedi_master_tech

Legend technician
  • jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    CONGRATZ dude......
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • leighleigh Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Webmaster wrote:
    In case of the A+ OS exam, the passing score is 505 on a 100-900 scale. This means you get 100 points for free, and need 405 out of the remaining 800 available points.

Is it means tester can get at least score 100 when doing the test?
    Where can we check this info?
  • AlienAlien Member Posts: 398
    Congratulations and welcome to the world. icon_study.gif
    Hard times on planet earth.
  • namanama Member Posts: 187
    Webmaster wrote:
    please explain in detail if possible. icon_rolleyes.gif