Options

Passed CISSP on 13th, April 2015

vndunnovndunno Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all
I create this post to say thanks for all recommendation an guidances from all experts in this forum. I have just passed this exam today.
I have worked in IT area for 15 years with 5 year of network administration, 7 year as security administrator and management and the rest recent year worked as security technical consultant.
The exam is not too difficult as I was worried and the most difficult things to me is... English. I had to use dictionary many times when getting confusing in questions and answers and the exam took me almost 5 hours to complete all questions and 1 hour to review.
Below is some personal experience want to share with everyone:
Study materials:
  • Enric Conrad CISSP Study Guide 2nd Edition: main reading
  • Shon Harris AIO 6th Edition: Additional reference and extend reading when I got something not clear, together with Google search and Wiki
  • Enric Conrad 11h: Conclusion 1 day before exam
  • Shon Harris MP3: listening continuously 3 hours per day in 2 months (on the way to work and drive home)
  • Sunflower note
  • Boson video
Practice question:
All the quiz from all the books: this help me to review and recap all things have read
Total tester: using this tool to find the weak area need to be more focus
mhprofessional.com

Study strategy:
  • Register and scheduling the exam, this forcing me to rush on studying
  • Watching video to get some basic term and content (took 2 week to finish all video)
  • Fully Read Conrad’s book, took all the quizs related to each chapter when finish reading (quiz from all book and mhprofessional.com quiz). This progress took me 1 month to careful read and understand all the contents and concepts within the book.
  • Continuously using total test, retake the quiz on books and mhprofessional.com until the exam day
  • Fully Read the eric Conrad 11 hours on the day before exam
  • Review the Sunflower note on the night before exam and have a good night.
Hint: Understand the concept. You cannot remember everything with too much detail so let read, understand it and forget it. When you read a question about it in the exam and oversee the answer, most of the time, you will remember again and got the answer.

Again, thanks a lot for the instruction I got from this forum. I hope we will discuss more together on another exam

Comments

• Options
    dinhtqdinhtq Member Posts: 24 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats To You !

Tomorrow , I hope that I will pass the same to you !
  • Options
    Security2014Security2014 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I passed CISSP on Aprill 11, Saturday.. What is your next plan?
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    successrealmsuccessrealm Member Posts: 104 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations on passing your CISSP! welcome to the club!
  • Options
    staden18cstaden18c Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I passed the CISSP today too!