Options

MCSE Advice?

Guys, I have basically made the decision to work on my MCSE certification. Right now, I am wanting to basically concentrate on Windows XP Professional (w/ SP2) as that is what I use everyday, but I want to take further MCP tests afterwards until I qualify for the full MCSE.

That said, my question is where should I start?? I have a few books on Windows XP and my knowledge of the Operating System I would say is generally advanced... I also have some information from ExamCram and the TechNotes (from of course TechExams), etc... What else should I consider?

- Joey

Comments

• Options
    eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    then why is MCSE listed under your certifications?
    witty comment
  • Options
    OpenSourceOpenSource Member Posts: 135
    _omni_ wrote:
    then why is MCSE listed under your certifications?

Consider it a work in progress... I will remove it if requested, however... That said, any useful advice for the Windows XP Professional test (and Windows 2000 tests) would be greatfully accepted...

- Joey
  • Options
    eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    well...study your books, and practice whatever the book is talking about, helps you retain the info. create scenarios to get yourself some "experience". then do practice tests. and study up on the areas you're lacking in (duh).
    make sure you are proficient in the exam objectives listed on microsoft.com.
    witty comment
  • Options
    zenboyzenboy Member Posts: 196
    So...are the A+/Norkwork+/Security+/I+Net are all in working progress too? I guess I would put MCSE/CCNA/CCNP/CCIE/RHCE too since I'm planning to accomplish that in the future.
    "In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few" - S.Suzuki
  • Options
    12thlevelwarrior12thlevelwarrior Member Posts: 302
    gotta admit, this is a funny thread, had to throw in the M.D.
    Every man dies, not every man really lives.
  • Options
    Ok, I would make more comments but now the dead dog has met the stick enough times. My advice to you...If A+/Network+ is still a work in progress, finish it. They are really really easy exams and can be substituted as an MCSA elective, OR you could take the 2 MCDST exams and use that as a substitution as well. The MCDST exams (70-271 and 70-272) are written with the same rigor as all the other exams, so if you want to get a real taste of what MCSE exams are gonna look like, MCDST is a good place to start. And if you are thinking about taking one of the core MCSA/MCSE exams, I would have to recommend starting with exam 70-270. If you work with XP an awful lot, most of the topics on this exam should seem pretty familiar to you already. Good luck to you.
  • Options
    OpenSourceOpenSource Member Posts: 135
    Forget it, I won't even bother with a further response.... Admin/Mod, please delete this topic...

- Joey