PASSED SY401 - Security+ Today

arav.samarav.sam Posts: 8Member ■■□□□□□□□□
Today i have passed Security+ with score of 835/900.

Resources used: SY401 - Security+ book by Darill Gibson.

Roughly spent around 3 weeks and I did not use any simulations or question bank, i have gone thru only questions which comes along with Darill's Book.

I have been using this techexam site for a quite some time, which helped me to pass CISA , SSCP and now Security+
I have to thank the founder of this site, In this Forum People sharing the thoughts about the exams which they have passed/failed will be the valuable lesson for the new test takers.

Comments

• tmcgtmcg Posts: 127Banned
    How did you find the exam? Congrats on the pass!!
  • H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Posts: 564Member ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations on passing your Security+ exam!
  • orlandoflorlandofl Posts: 216Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    • Education: B.A. Criminal Justice - Thomas Edison State University
    • Education: Undergraduate Certificate in Microsoft Server Administration - St. Petersburg College
    • Currently Working On: MCSA - Windows 10
    • Planned Certifications for 2017: MCSE - Mobility
    • Connect With Me On LinkedIn:https://www.linkedin.com/in/travisebyrd
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Gaming Tech Expert Silicon Valley, CAPosts: 4,009Member ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, GCP Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • JasminLandryJasminLandry Posts: 601Member
    Congrats on the pass! What's your next certification goal?

• ccnpninjaccnpninja Senior Member EuropePosts: 1,008Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats :)
    من طلب عزائم الأمور ، هان عليه بذل النفس فيها - محمد إبن ابي عامر
    www.keyboardbanger.com
  • c0mptiac0mptia Posts: 147Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    arav.sam wrote: »
    Today i have passed Security+ with score of 835/900.

Resources used: SY401 - Security+ book by Darill Gibson.

Roughly spent around 3 weeks and I did not use any simulations or question bank, i have gone thru only questions which comes along with Darill's Book.

I have been using this techexam site for a quite some time, which helped me to pass CISA , SSCP and now Security+
    I have to thank the founder of this site, In this Forum People sharing the thoughts about the exams which they have passed/failed will be the valuable lesson for the new test takers.
    Congratulations on passing
  • successrealmsuccessrealm Posts: 104Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Lot's of passed Sec+ exams the last few days, using Darill Gibson's material.

(I used it too)
  • ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Posts: 475Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on getting your Security+ certification! icon_thumright.gif
    2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
    CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!
  • arav.samarav.sam Posts: 8Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    It was relatively easy when you compared to SSCP/CISA, but i felt few of the questions are framed badly.
    Apart from that i was struggling in performance based questions on setting wireless configuration etc...
    All of my performance questions were not easy like what i thought it could be.
  • arav.samarav.sam Posts: 8Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    Next i am appearing for CISM Exam in June , followed by CISSP in Sep.
  • greg9891greg9891 Posts: 1,174Member ■■■■■■■□□□
    congrats studying for my security + exam as we speak.
    Certs Gained 2018: CCENT ,210-255 ( Cyber Security Operations)
    Upcoming: ICND2, CTT, 210-250 (Cyber Security Fundamentals)

Isaiah 28:10 - For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line; here a little, and there a little.
  • kMastaFlashkMastaFlash GXPN,GWAPT,GPEN,GCIH,GNFA ++ Posts: 1,019Member ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats!
    2019: CCNA Security,CTIA,JNCDA
    2020: CISSP,CWNA,CWSP,CWDP,CBP,(Blockchain Training Alliance Certifications)
    2021: LPIC-2,eLearnSecurity Courses