Options

VCA-DCV and alternatives

SeekBytesSeekBytes Member Posts: 143
Dear members,

I am in the process of self-studying to land any first line support job in IT. At the actual stage I finished the CCNA and the Comptia A+. Before I will start the MCSA, which seems required for any 1st Line Supporter role in UK, I was looking to have a basic introduction to virtualization.

The VCP-DCV is out my budget and I am not sure if being "The Virtualization Man" is where I want to be.
I wanted to ask you if is worth to take the VCA-DCV as Cv filler/foundation or I should take a similar exam with Citrix to have a recognition for my studies.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards.

Comments

• Options
    JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I wouldn't pay for that exam. I actually did do it since it was free back then, but IMO it's a useless cert. If you want to lookup about virtualization I'm sure you can learn a lot on YouTube. But eventually if you want to be a server guy I think you'll need to know more on the topic. BTW, there is an online school "Stanley CC" where you can get the course for the VCP for under 300$. That's where I did mine, it doesn't cover all necessary topics but it is for sure worth it.
  • Options
    SeekBytesSeekBytes Member Posts: 143
    Hello JasminLandry. Thank you for answering.

Is there any chance to get a course that will allow me to access the VCP exam? An online course would be great, even if I assume that is must be a class room based training.

Kind Regards.
  • Options
    JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    SeekBytes wrote: »
    Hello JasminLandry. Thank you for answering.

Is there any chance to get a course that will allow me to access the VCP exam? An online course would be great, even if I assume that is must be a class room based training.

Kind Regards.

Yes the course from StanlyCC allows you to sit the VCP exam. Look it up on this forum, you'll find lots of posts about it. VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage