Options

MBA...Here I come!

Rumblr33Rumblr33 Member Posts: 99 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone,

I have applied and been accepted into the MBA w/ Cyber Security concentration program at Bellevue University. I was initially choosing between UMUC and Saint Leo University. I scrapped both those schools due cost at UMUC and Saint Leo not being on the NSA CAE/IAE list. Currently working for a Fortune 100 in New England and I am excited this will lead to the career opportunities I want to pursue. If anyone has any experience with Bellevue University, your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • Options
    Thanks for the comparison tools regarding the AACSB. The university is accredited through IACBE.

Five most likely reasons you’d be willing to forgo AACSB accreditation on your online business degree:
    Money is tight
    You’re not competing in an aggressive career field in an urban environment
    Academic prestige is not all that important to you
    You don’t intend to join the faculty of a business school
    You want to avoid taking the GRE or GMAT

These are all factor that point to why I chose Bellevue. With cybersecurity jobs booming and the demand for skilled professionals, I will take an MBA that's not accredited by AACSB for now.
  • Options
    Jessea GabbinJessea Gabbin Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations, Rumblr33. An MBA with a Cyber focus is a great move. I did mine at Capitol Technology University, and I work here, with an emphasis in Leadership and Cyber. Let me know if I can answer any questions. (Psst. All of the master's and doctoral programs are online.)
  • Options
    aspiringsoulaspiringsoul Member Posts: 314
    Education: MS-Information Security and Assurance from Western Governors University, BS-Business Information Systems from Indiana Wesleyan University, AAS-Computer Network Systems - ITT Tech,
  • Options
    nelson8403nelson8403 Member Posts: 220 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The GRE / GMAT thing was a really a big deterrent for an AACSB accredited degree. I've been out of school for 10 years and have gained experience and knowledge I don't want to have to go back and take a test to be accepted into school for my second masters.

However, I am taking my GRE because I want to get my MBA from Kelley School of Business, I hope to leverage my existing MS in Information Security and get into higher level IT Management.

If you just need an MBA, have some experience and don't need a highly rated school (some companies don't care, some do, ymmv) Bellevue sounds like a great program!
    Bachelor of Science, IT Security
    Master of Science, Information Security and Assurance

CCIE Security Progress: Written Pass (06/2016), 1st Lab Attempt (11/2016)
  • Options
    Nelson8403, since you already have a Masters degree, they will not waive the GRE score for you? After the MBA, I might go back and get an MSISA from Norwich depending on the flow of my career. As far as the company I work for, they could care less as long as you are competent and want to increase your knowledge, which in the long game, benefits them. People are your best asset if nurtured properly.
  • Options
    nelson8403nelson8403 Member Posts: 220 ■■■□□□□□□□
    No, they only waive it if I have a MBA or MD/PHD degree, so I am stuck taking it still.
    Bachelor of Science, IT Security
    Master of Science, Information Security and Assurance

CCIE Security Progress: Written Pass (06/2016), 1st Lab Attempt (11/2016)