Options

Do you cover your smartphone's front camera?

yzTyzT Member Posts: 365 ■■■□□□□□□□
Most, if not all, of us cover our laptop's camera. But, do you do the same with your smartphone?
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I don't cover my laptop's camera... If someone catches a glimpse of this wonderful human specimen gratz to them. I think it's a little weird to cover it icon_razz.gif what are you hiding?
  • Options
    MTciscoguyMTciscoguy Member Posts: 552
    I don't cover my laptop camera, but my wife covers hers, as far as the phone, don't have a front camera on it, so nope.
    Current Lab: 4 C2950 WS, 1 C2950G EI, 3 1841, 2 2503, Various Modules, Parts and Pieces. Dell Power Edge 1850, Dell Power Edge 1950.
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I don't cover any of my cameras, simple reason there is a slim chance of some one seeing whats going on, as I insure it is turned off when not using it and I from experience I know the number of compromised systems is very low so I don't worry to much about some "hacker" spying on me.

And second even if there was all there going to see is my ugly mug and if they want to watch that then let them! id more more worried about the info on my devices than people looking though the camera.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    CyberscumCyberscum Member Posts: 795 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I would be honored if someone wanted to see me naked....So no, I don't.
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Cyberscum wrote: »
    I would be honored if someone wanted to see me naked....So no, I don't.

I know what I am up to tonight ;)
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I don't cover any cameras. Never been the paranoid type.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    CyberscumCyberscum Member Posts: 795 ■■■■■□□□□□
    DevilWAH wrote: »
    I know what I am up to tonight ;)

Ill wear my best outfit ;)

Unfortunately for you though, I do not have a smartphone. I just couldn't justify $150-200 monthly bills anymore
  • Options
    kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
    Nope.

Let them see my beautiful ripped geeky form.. Crouched over in a chair staring at my screen going "WTF would they do that?"
  • Options
    I really can't believe what I'm reading LOL
  • Options
    tmcgtmcg Banned Posts: 127
    After watching citizenfour last night, I now realise anything is possible...
  • Options
    JasionoJasiono Member Posts: 896 ■■■■□□□□□□
    tmcg wrote: »
    After watching citizenfour last night, I now realise anything is possible...

Someone keeps telling me to watch this but I always forget to. Is it good?
  • Options
    Yeah it's very good, definitely worth a watch.
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I don't cover mine because I don't look at pron because it's morally corrupt and it kills kittens.
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    tpatt100 wrote: »
    I don't cover mine because I don't look at pron because it's morally corrupt and it kills kittens.

Don't forget about the people who have passed away looking down and watching you.... I can just see my grandma looking down at me, talking to another person up in heaven. "And there is my grandchild right down there... Oh my, nevermind, that must not be him. Not sure where he is." Talk about an awkward situation!
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    The only thing I cover is myself, so people don't throw things at me when I go outside.
  • Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    tpatt100 wrote: »

Surely people won't be able to see what you are looking at, just what you do in front of it. So if you want pron, maybe your thing is to bake a cake ?

Either way, I only disabled my laptop camera in the devicemanager because Lync / Skype is used for work and the damn thing switched itself on a few times - no matter what I have configured in the settings.

And phone ? Most of time people would see the insight of my pocket - by no means - knock yourself out :p
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    The only thing I cover is myself, so people don't throw things at me when I go outside.

While that is probably the legal way of going outside - it sure is a boring way :p:D
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    When I bought a windows 8 laptop it snapped a picture of me and placed in on the photos tile.
    Not something I requested it to do. So I disabled the camera and covered it since I don't use it.
  • Options
    just a reminder... this is about smartphones not laptops ;)
  • Options
    This thread is awesome! Some of the replies are priceless lol
  • Options
    yzT wrote: »

I stand by my original statement
  • Options
    wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think you should consider covering the back camera too, some older phones have covers to close the camera .. to protect the lens.

Personally I do not cover my phones camera, and I do not have a webcam attached to my home PC.
    But I do cover the camera of my work laptop when at home ..
  • Options
    MTciscoguyMTciscoguy Member Posts: 552
    yzT wrote: »

There have been far more laptop cameras hijacked than smart phones or tablets. But in some instances, you are at risk.
    Current Lab: 4 C2950 WS, 1 C2950G EI, 3 1841, 2 2503, Various Modules, Parts and Pieces. Dell Power Edge 1850, Dell Power Edge 1950.
  • Options
    Could you fill this survey? Basically it's the same question as well as asking for laptops.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1bHBMCWSBD2ARFzjZWFoRzMGhZ-ESbCFu8hFrwHx6-t4/viewform?usp=send_form

edit: if you voted before this edit, check the survey again. I got feedback that it would be nice to have a section to argument your decision, so I did add it. It's optional, though.
  • Options
    Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
    When I got my first laptop used to be paranoid and thought for some reason someone is watching me even when the laptop was offline I realized I was being paranoid and just stopped having some stupid thoughts.

This is how my colleague recovered a stolen mac laptop from a thieve who skipped the country with the stolen laptop, he managed to log on remotely to that mac laptop and took a pic of that thieve while he was busy working on it using the agent that was installed inside that laptop, basically he took enough proof of that thieve and track to have the police walk in on him while busy working on that laptop.
  • Options
    GreaterNinjaGreaterNinja Member Posts: 271
    My mom covers her web camera and the camera on the laptops/netbooks. I've also seen that its typically older women 50+ at work that cover the camera. Usually people will tape a piece of paper over the camera.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Great observation. During my help desk years I would say at least 70% of the ones covering cams were older women.
  • Options
    varelgvarelg Banned Posts: 790
    Not covering anything. Laptop camera is never covered, smartphone camera doesn't have to be- the phone is either in the pocket most of the time or in the car's glove compartment.
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    No. If you really want to see what the inside of my pocket looks like, be my guest.
  • Options
    alan2308 wrote: »
    No. If you really want to see what the inside of my pocket looks like, be my guest.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  • Options
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1bHBMCWSBD2ARFzjZWFoRzMGhZ-ESbCFu8hFrwHx6-t4/viewform?usp=send_form

is there anyone who didn't vote and want to? Need 7 more votes to round up to 100 votes and close it.