Options

ESxi Losing Connectivity

JohnjonesJohnjones Member Posts: 105 ■■□□□□□□□□
I've setup ESXi 5.5 and have one onboard NIC and one dual port physical NIC connected. I can get into the console with the onboard NIC setup to the management network, but when I try to add the other two NIC ports, I lose connection to the connection and have to remove the adapters directly from the console. The PCI NIC ports are connected to my switch and I have a connection from my cable modem going to one of the switch ports.

Why am I being disconnected? Also, is there anyway to have to two vswitch communicate with each other? I have one physical switch.

Hope I explained this clearly...

Comments

• Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    What did you set as fail over policy on the virtual switch and do you have any port channels setup on the physical switch?
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    jibbajabba wrote: »
    What did you set as fail over policy on the virtual switch and do you have any port channels setup on the physical switch?

The switch is un-managed 8 port. The failover policy..not certain. I'll double check when I return home.

Is there anyway have two vswitches communicate?
  • Options
    XavorXavor Member Posts: 161
    Do you have 2 vswitches configured, or are you adding the 2 nics to the default vswitch configured at installation? When you install the new nics, are you manually assigning IP or are they DHCP?
  • Options
    The fail-over policy was causing the issues. - Thanks Jibba.

Xavor: I only have 1 vswitch configured.