Options

Has anyone failed the exam with a score below 600?

marcuscambymarcuscamby Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am wondering if the lowest score for the exam is 600...is there anyone out there who had failed the exam with a score below 600?

Comments

• Options
    WilliamK99WilliamK99 Member Posts: 278
    I was part of the crew that got erroneous results emailed to them about 4 years ago, basically they used the wrong answer key and most who had gotten pass notices had actually failed and those that failed , actually did pass the exam. I remember a really low score, I am thinking low 500 and it really depressed me as I felt like an absolute failure for putting so much time into the exam only to fail miserably...Luckily 4 weeks later I got an email that said I had actually passed...

But yes, you can get a really low score...
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I would imagine the lowest possible score for any exam is 0.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    Dustang2014Dustang2014 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes I failed about 2 yrs ago with a 568. Although I have loads of experience in IT 23yrs and many IT Certs including MCSE MCDBA A+ Net+ MCSA and MCT. I was certain I could attend the boot camp and be ready to take the test with little exposure to the CISSP study materials. This is NOT the case. I am ready to take my test again (almost) but now I am waiting a few more months because of the new test released a few days ago. Its not that much different however you do have to wait 6 weeks for your results because the test is new and they need to collect stats. So I am taking the time to study more and get more feedback. What did you use to study?
  • Options
    Security2014Security2014 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yes. I failed my first attempt with a 568 however i didn't get email later that i had passed :)
  • Options
    ChuzpahChuzpah Member Posts: 68 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It would really suck if you got a pass sheet when later got an e-mail that you failed!
  • Options
    JohnnyBigglesJohnnyBiggles Member Posts: 273
    WilliamK99 wrote: »
    I was part of the crew that got erroneous results emailed to them about 4 years ago, basically they used the wrong answer key and most who had gotten pass notices had actually failed and those that failed , actually did pass the exam. I remember a really low score, I am thinking low 500 and it really depressed me as I felt like an absolute failure for putting so much time into the exam only to fail miserably...Luckily 4 weeks later I got an email that said I had actually passed...

But yes, you can get a really low score...

Was this the written exam?
  • Options
    CyberscumCyberscum Member Posts: 795 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Yes, I have failed an exam below 600, but it was an English exam that was scaled on 1000 pts.
  • Options
    WilliamK99WilliamK99 Member Posts: 278
    Yes it was the written exam, I do remember this message board and a few others had individuals on both sides of the fence, ISC2 did the right thing though and gave those that got pass notices but later fail notices free online training and practice tests...
  • Options
    cholaz777cholaz777 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes, me too failed on 09/04/2015 and I could not believe that. Because I have done the following preparation as advised in forum Experts, still could not Pass.
    1. Reading completed Shon Harris whole book 2 times
    2. Attended Official ISC2 Review in well recognized Institution
    3. Eric Honrad11th hour once
    4. Trancender Pratice Exam all 80% and went through all questions.
  • Options
    Security2014Security2014 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    sorry to hear that. Did you get an official ISC2 seminar workbook from training? Actually i used the same as my primary source of study during the preparation.
  • Options
    joshmadakorjoshmadakor Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    cholaz777 wrote: »
    Yes, me too failed on 09/04/2015 and I could not believe that. Because I have done the following preparation as advised in forum Experts, still could not Pass.
    1. Reading completed Shon Harris whole book 2 times
    2. Attended Official ISC2 Review in well recognized Institution
    3. Eric Honrad11th hour once
    4. Trancender Pratice Exam all 80% and went through all questions.

Sorry about the fail, I do have a couple of questions though.
    1. You read that 1400 page book twice? O_O
    2. Did you do any of the questions in Shon Harris' book?
    3. For Transcender, did you read the explanation for the incorrect answers? Did you do the flash card portion of the product as well?
    4. Did you read Eric's 11th hour one full time through?
    Thanks in advance :)
    WGU B.S. Information Technology (Completed January 2013)