Options

Passed Security + exam , what next ?

cluelessITguycluelessITguy Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Folks,

I passed the Comptia Security + exam this week with a score of 841 and i'm just wondering which cert route i should follow as i want to keep going with the studying as i feel lost without any goals/certs to work towards icon_rolleyes.gif

Trying to get a job in security analyst Level 1

3 Possible certs i was thinking of are below, hopefully someone will be able to steer me in the right direction.

CCSA
SSCP
CEH

If anyone could shed some light on this certs in regards to them being enough to get a job working as a security analyst ( Level 1) / entry level Security job it would be much appreciated

Right now i work in general IT support for the past 2 years so i don't have much security experience but am willing to get as much certs/exams done as possible to get my foot in the door , any help would be great.

Thanks in advance icon_thumright.gif

Comments

• Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    Justin-Justin- Member Posts: 300
    Congrats! I would go for the CEH personally. I wouldn't go for SSCP mainly because you should pursue the CISSP once you can knock off all the domains required to write that test. You can't go wrong with CEH, it demonstrates your ability to penetrate networks and prevent these attacks. I personally believe this is a crucial skill to know as a Security Analyst. Goodluck!
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Many people tell me that CEH is a joke and you should really go for OSCP.

Disclaimer: I don't have 1st hand experience with either.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    tmcgtmcg Banned Posts: 127
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    If you can afford it or get your company to pay for it I'd look into the GSEC. There is a work-study option that cuts the cost down to $900. That is for the live training course and exam. Definitely not cheap still, but that is my plan after I knock out the Security+.

GIAC GSEC Certification | GIAC Security Essentials Certification
  • Options
    MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I only have CEH because of the gov requirements for it. OSCP is by far the best course/exam I have taken on security.