Alternate A+ studying material...

rydawg1rydawg1 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
I was curious to know if anyone has ever used the CBT nuggets or Trainsignal video's? I have passed the A+ core already but reading 2" thick books is difficult for me personally. I can retain audible information alot better. Or has anyone used any books on cd?
"man who stand on toliet, is high on pot"...

Comments

• PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    rydawg1 wrote:
    I was curious to know if anyone has ever used the CBT Nuggets or Trainsignal video's? I have passed the A+ core already but reading 2" thick books is difficult for me personally. I can retain audible information alot better. Or has anyone used any books on cd?

CBT is suppose to be very good, though I cannot say from experience as I have not used the products.

As far as not reading a book?? Pretty tough to stay current in IT without reading. You may find some video type programs out on the net similar to CBT Nuggets, but much of your information (particularly as you persue additional certificaitons will be obtained from white papers, texts, vender sites, etc..

I have not used any books on cd/tape ever so I cannot say if that is a good way to prepare or not.

You may find some older equipment/OS's and such and create a test lab for yourself to walk through the things the books discuss. Just a thought.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • rydawg1rydawg1 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    As far as not reading a book?? Pretty tough to stay current in IT without reading

lol it was a failed attempt at humor icon_redface.gif I have read the exam cram2 but I'm in my car a lot during the day and audio books would be great while driving. *shrugs* oh well you gotta find time to make time if it's important to you. icon_wink.gif
    "man who stand on toliet, is high on pot"...