Options

New 2015 CISSP Practice Exam Questions

lwhite81lwhite81 Member Posts: 26 ■■■□□□□□□□
I am looking for so practice exam questions to prep for the newer exam. I attended a CISSP training class last Nov. and was provided a Registration Code to Transcender. I tried to use it last week and they have removed all access to Practice Exams. I called them and they said they would have new questions available in about 5 weeks (which is too late for me). I asked if I could have access to the old practice questions and they said no.
At this time I cannot locate any practice questions to the newer exam so I'll start by using Shon Harris Practice Questions.
Does anyone have suggestions for good practice exam questions or know where I might look or am I simply too early since the new exam was just released?
Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Transcender is now publishing their new practice exams because the new CISSP exam was just released last week. Most of the material for practice exams will be based on the old objectives. However, from my understanding of ISC2, they are just re-structuring the exam objectives and reorganizing it. I think if you find old practice exams you should be ok. Have you tried CCCure.org? They are known for having some good practice exams for CISSP. Give them a go. Good luck dude!
  • Options
    mjsinhsvmjsinhsv Member Posts: 167
    There are no new test bank questions available yet.
    ISC2 is releasing new practice questions in June.
    CCCURE is updating their test engine the first week of May.
    https://cccure.training/m/articles/view/CISSP-CBK-2012-VERSUS-THE-NEW-CISSP-CBK-2015-2015-04-12
  • Options
    sponge2sponge2 Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Use the previous questions for practice.
    I doubt that (ISC)2 is going to change the test questions in any significant way for the next few months.
    Besides there are 25 questions on the test that do no count towards your score.
    All the best for your exam.
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Still tinkering with the idea of sitting for the new exam for giggles myself. Pretty sure I still remember most of what I would need to know with minimal review.

Besides, I could use a day out of the office even if its really just a couple of hours.

- b/eads
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I believe you can only take the test a second time if you don't complete your CPEs. Hopefully someone here can correct me if I'm wrong.
  • Options
    riyanriyan Member Posts: 161 ■■■□□□□□□□
    beads wrote: »
    Still tinkering with the idea of sitting for the new exam for giggles myself. Pretty sure I still remember most of what I would need to know with minimal review.

Besides, I could use a day out of the office even if its really just a couple of hours.

- b/eads

I think the best person to shed light on this would be JDMurray. He will analyze it from all ethical angles and viewpoints. However in my opinion, since you do not have valid a need so you are not required to know the CISSP sacred questions. Applying Need-to-know principle. Consider CISSP questions as secret. CISSP Organization spends considerable amount of money to keep it secret.
  • Options
    cperkins21cperkins21 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just took the new exam. All previous practice exams will adequately prepare you for the test. I used Shon Harris, Eric Conrads and the new CBK has 200 questions that do cover CBK objectives. I felt good about the test, but ISC2 is holding results for 6 weeks because of the new test.
  • Options
    riyan wrote: »
    I think the best person to shed light on this would be JDMurray. He will analyze it from all ethical angles and viewpoints. However in my opinion, since you do not have valid a need so you are not required to know the CISSP sacred questions. Applying Need-to-know principle. Consider CISSP questions as secret. CISSP Organization spends considerable amount of money to keep it secret.

Sacred? Have I read that right? Sacred? Hardly. Its also common knowledge that many of the folks who write the books on the CISSP as well as many other certifications take the same test over and over on an annual basis. Shon was famous for telling that story for years. Eric Conrad and Seth have both said similar.

Sacred? Ouch! Been a member of the (ISC)2 for nine years now. No one ever said the questions were "sacred". Does this mean I will have to spend time in some sort of pre-arranged security purgatory analyzing false positives for my blasphemy?

I think you need a wet washcloth and lay down for a bit. This has nothing to do with the ethics of taking the test past research.

- b/eads
  • Options
    riyanriyan Member Posts: 161 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sacred? Have I read that right? Sacred? Hardly. Its also common knowledge that many of the folks who write the books on the CISSP as well as many other certifications take the same test over and over on an annual basis. Shon was famous for telling that story for years. Eric Conrad and Seth have both said similar.

Sacred? Ouch! Been a member of the (ISC)2 for nine years now. No one ever said the questions were "sacred". Does this mean I will have to spend time in some sort of pre-arranged security purgatory analyzing false positives for my blasphemy?

I think you need a wet washcloth and lay down for a bit. This has nothing to do with the ethics of taking the test past research.

- b/eads

Before the above comment, I presumed that my sarcastic views are well received and it does not pose any confusion among reader. But I need to reconsider that.

Anyways, I think you need to listen to this song. It will chill-you-out.
    Nina Simone, Felix Da Housecat - Sinnerman

Let's agree to disagree. I am in clear disagreement with your thoughts that "for research purpose a CISSP Cert Holder in good standing can be allowed to retake the exam with his/her true identity in order to satisfy his/her desire for getting tinkling feeling or giggle...."

I cannot reach to the folks you mentioned and ask them if they did it with their true identity and satisfied above conditions. May be they did it in paper-based exams. Shon Haris is dead now. Conard is too busy in minting money @SANS institute. So here we are left with our argument.

ISC2 is not at all interested to get hold of your $2.396 (599/250) per question hard-earned-money. It cost them roughly 300$ to add one single exam item in the database after applying rigorous QA and QC in exam development process. On top of that, if they allowed this, than in India/China, people can send specially trained people to memorize the exam questions and reveal it to the test-brain-**** companies. I am sure no CISSP Cert Holder want this to happen. In addition to that, seriously who want to put 599$ and around 6 hours of time to the task that will not provide any apparent output. They already have got CISSP Cert rr can they put it Double CISSP or triple CISSP Cert holder. No way.

From the legal side, you have already signed a contract with ISC2 and this discussion is pretty much about it.
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/isc-sscp-cissp/56185-cissp-retake-policy.html#post431272

I am quoting crux of the discussion here:
    "1.7 Recertification by Examination
    It is the policy of (ISC)² to prohibit the retaking of any (ISC)² examination by a certificate holder more than 90 days prior to the expiration of the holder’s certificate (i.e., to audit the exam). Furthermore, a certificate holder may not retake an examination if (1) he/she has been decertified by (ISC)² and prohibited from being recertified; (2) he/she possesses the requisite number of Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits for recertification; (3) he/she owes any Annual Maintenance Fees (AMFs); or (4) he/she currently serves, or intends to serve within the next 90 days, as an instructor or advisor preparing others for the examination, whether for (ISC)² or any other organization. Violation of any provision
    of this policy shall"

You may also want to note @JDMurray comments and observations about folks that you mentioned. Yes legally you may retake exams but you must ask yourself is it ethical as well.

I have made myself crystal clear and I will not rub this in your pretty face neither I will say any insulting comments to you. I have been trained well by jedai @JDMurray. However you need to wonder why you are not in a healthy relationship with any human being apart from your laptop. You know what I am talking about.

I have no intention and reason to insult you so I apologize for our misunderstanding. I hope you understand this as well.
  • Options
    riyan wrote: »
    Before the above comment, I presumed that my sarcastic views are well received and it does not pose any confusion among reader. But I need to reconsider that.

Anyways, I think you need to listen to this song. It will chill-you-out.
    Nina Simone, Felix Da Housecat - Sinnerman

Let's agree to disagree. I am in clear disagreement with your thoughts that "for research purpose a CISSP Cert Holder in good standing can be allowed to retake the exam with his/her true identity in order to satisfy his/her desire for getting tinkling feeling or giggle...."

I cannot reach to the folks you mentioned and ask them if they did it with their true identity and satisfied above conditions. May be they did it in paper-based exams. Shon Haris is dead now. Conard is too busy in minting money @SANS institute. So here we are left with our argument.

ISC2 is not at all interested to get hold of your $2.396 (599/250) per question hard-earned-money. It cost them roughly 300$ to add one single exam item in the database after applying rigorous QA and QC in exam development process. On top of that, if they allowed this, than in India/China, people can send specially trained people to memorize the exam questions and reveal it to the test-brain-**** companies. I am sure no CISSP Cert Holder want this to happen. In addition to that, seriously who want to put 599$ and around 6 hours of time to the task that will not provide any apparent output. They already have got CISSP Cert rr can they put it Double CISSP or triple CISSP Cert holder. No way.

From the legal side, you have already signed a contract with ISC2 and this discussion is pretty much about it.
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/isc-sscp-cissp/56185-cissp-retake-policy.html#post431272

I am quoting crux of the discussion here:
    "1.7 Recertification by Examination
    It is the policy of (ISC)² to prohibit the retaking of any (ISC)² examination by a certificate holder more than 90 days prior to the expiration of the holder’s certificate (i.e., to audit the exam). Furthermore, a certificate holder may not retake an examination if (1) he/she has been decertified by (ISC)² and prohibited from being recertified; (2) he/she possesses the requisite number of Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits for recertification; (3) he/she owes any Annual Maintenance Fees (AMFs); or (4) he/she currently serves, or intends to serve within the next 90 days, as an instructor or advisor preparing others for the examination, whether for (ISC)² or any other organization. Violation of any provision
    of this policy shall"

You may also want to note @JDMurray comments and observations about folks that you mentioned. Yes legally you may retake exams but you must ask yourself is it ethical as well.

I have made myself crystal clear and I will not rub this in your pretty face neither I will say any insulting comments to you. I have been trained well by jedai @JDMurray. However you need to wonder why you are not in a healthy relationship with any human being apart from your laptop. You know what I am talking about.

I have no intention and reason to insult you so I apologize for our misunderstanding. I hope you understand this as well.

Please for the love of humanity itself do not take yourself so seriously! I haven't read an (ISC)2 agreement in close to a decade. Talk about self appointment. Sheesh! Give the rest of us a break from the sermon already. Yes, you are preaching if not evangelizing your point of absurdity. Is this your point or can you not see the rest of us from such a lofty perch in the ivory tower?

To answer your question about insulting. No, not insulted as much as you have given me all the more reason to distrust the (ISC)2. If anything its good for a giggle, even if its at your expense.

- b/eads
  • Options
    mjsinhsvmjsinhsv Member Posts: 167
    Well that escalated quickly.

Note to self..don't call out b/eads.
  • Options
    RobicusRobicus Member Posts: 144 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I didn't read all of this thread, but has anyone gone through Kelly's CISSP videos on Cybrary? If so, you will notice that she's taken and passed the exam 3 times-- specifically so that she could be aware of how the exam has changed each time with the domain refreshes over the years. I doubt she ever let it expire, so I'd say its possible to sit it again.
    What's Next? eLearnSecurity's eCIR

MSISE, CISSP, GSE (#202), GSEC, GCIA, GCIH, GPEN, GMON, GCFE, GCCC, GCPM, eJPT, AWS CCP
  • Options
    Passat167Passat167 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Taking NEW CISSP in 2015, using Shon Harris CISSP practice exams 3rd edition, CISSP CBK April 2015 ISC2 book and CCCure online practice tests, missed in 2011 by a few questions. Any other relevant study materials I should use to cross the line this time, regards to all, happy studying to passing!!:)
  • Options
    ecanmasterecanmaster Member Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□

- b/eads

This thread is quite old, but I had to reply.....
    Are you telling that people like Shon Harris and Eric Conrad were doing the CISSP exam every year?
    WHat if they didnt pass one exam. I mean it can happen to the best, will they lose their cissp ?
    CISSP / CISM