Options

Passed CISSP 04/13/15 - Endorsement will take 8 weeks. LOL

jota1234jota1234 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Oh boy what a journey!

I passed CISSP exam on 04/13/15. It was no different from what people have been saying in the other threads! I can say that 75% of what I studied was there. 15% of what I didn't study also there and 10 % of what I had never heard / read about was there! LOL

About me: Over 10 year experience in network and network security. CCNP sec, CISA, PMP and Cobit certified. I've been a member of this group for a while (2007 i guess) and been using it for reference since then. Very very very useful!

Preparation:
It took me about 12 months to prepare. I am married and have a 3 years old son. So time was a big deal. I used mostly AIO 6th edition as main reference. When reading it for the 2nd time I wrote down notes for every chapter and cut all the crap and analogies within it. Then only used them as reference. I tried to read Eric Conrad 2nd edition. But I had already read AIO once, so really felt that it lacked info and would not be enough so I dropped it.

Basically this is what I used :

AIO 6th Edition - Main reference (Read twice)
AIO chapter notes ( about 30 to 40 pages per chapter)
Eric Conrad 2nd - Read 2 chapters
Shon harris audio from McGraw Hill website
Youtube videos for EAP, Kerberos, SSL, Cryptography and so on.
Wikipedia / google search for some topics.
Whatsapp Group - Very very very useful - I created this since I wanted to talk about CISSP more often ( on daily basis). About 90 members around the world. We shared ideas, docs and so on. Most important, good way to build a nice friendship. :)

Practice tools:

McGraw Hill website - Very Useful. Took all chapters Q&As once.
Total tester - Very Useful. Took all chapter Q&As once.
Transcender - Useful. Most people like it, but I really felt that some questions were too technical and out of CISSP scope. However, their explanation are the best when comparing to other tools. Did only 2 chapters. If I had more time, perhaps I would have used it more.
AIO CISSP questions 3rd Edition - Very useful. Did it once and it came with drag and drop questions which really represents they way you will get these questions in the exam.
CISSP full test from official review - Very useful. This exam is available in the internet. I did it and got 80%. Questions are more conceptual and I thought it was a bit similar to the real exam in some ways.

I've already applied for the endorsement and they said it will take 8 weeks to review due to "high volume".... Endless waiting I guess.

Next steps : Nothing related to IT. I'm building my house so that will be my main project throughout this year! LOL

Comments