Options

Taking 7-680 next Thursday (Nervous)

Thepags24Thepags24 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone,

So I've been lurking in the background on this forum for a while now (While studying). I've been using Poultin's book and practice exams, as well as viewed all of professor Messer's videos. On and off I have also been using TechNet.
I have been studying for a few month's now whenever I can (4 kids and currently work full time). Based on what I told you, do you guys think I stand a decent chance at this exam? My weakness is definitely going to be deployment and command-line questions. I have until next Thursday to try and solidify that though.

If you folks think I should focus on something specific or a specific source... I'm open to any and all recommendations! How many questions are usually on the exam and do you typically get a lot of the "Place in the correct order" type questions?
Anything you guys can do to help calm my nerves, I would be so incredibly grateful!

Many thanks,

-Peter

Comments

• Options
    DomesticDomestic Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You've been through the birth of four children and you are nervous over a MS exam? You will be fine man, the worst possible scenario is you fail the test and you get the piece of paper that shows you where you need to improve, you study those areas and you come back again in a week or two with more study under your belt and pass it easily.

I'm taking this test on Saturday so I can't give you much advice but don't put so much pressure on yourself, be grateful you already have full time employment as a lot of us are working on these exams in order to help us stand a better chance of such employment.
  • Options
    Thanks for that, I think I needed to hear it from someone else lol... I suppose the reason I am so nervous is because my boss is paying for the exam, he will only pay for the first one then it's on me. So I kind of want to bang this out so I can move on to the next cert.

Thank again,

Peter
  • Options
    srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Are you eligible for Second Shot? (free exam retake)

If so, should help a lot with the nervousness. Definitely worth a look.
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • Options
    I think I am, it didn't say anything when I signed up (specifically to me), but I don't see why I wouldn't have qualified? Hopefully I did lol
  • Options
    Is there any way for me to check to see if I qualify??
  • Options
    srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • Options
    I should qualify based on what I read :)
  • Options
    Yeah, I am pretty sure that anyone who takes an MS exam before May 31 will be eligible for a second shot at it.
  • Options
    jacksonrjacksonr Member Posts: 106 ■■■□□□□□□□
    All the best Pal. I have rebooked mine for the 29th May. Have a busy few weeks so have given myself a bit more study time.
  • Options
    So I got a 590
    My weaknesses were in deployment and configuring network connectivity.
    3 areas that would have improved my test score significantly are: 1.) Capture a system image 2.) Prepare a system image for deployment and 3.) Deploy a system image...

Takin the test in 4 weeks... should be enough time to pass I think.
  • Options
    Thepags24 wrote: »
    So I got a 590
    My weaknesses were in deployment and configuring network connectivity.
    3 areas that would have improved my test score significantly are: 1.) Capture a system image 2.) Prepare a system image for deployment and 3.) Deploy a system image...

Takin the test in 4 weeks... should be enough time to pass I think.

Sounds like you are very close, the videos are great for improving deployment knowledge.
  • Options
    jacksonrjacksonr Member Posts: 106 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Same score as me pags.
    Have 4 weeks from today.
    Going through the 70-680 Book from MS again, next week I am doing Messer, week after IT Free Training, and then reading notes and practice tests.