Options

Took the new CISSP CBK today (21Apr15)

cperkins21cperkins21 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
...and get ready to wait at least 6 weeks to get your results.

About me: I have over 10 years’ experience in InfoSec/Cyber Security. Completed my BS in Cybersecurity through UMUC and currently 12 credits down in my MS in Cybersecurity. I’ve worked everything from basic mainframes, long-haul circuits, Certification & Accreditation and currently work in Cyber Defense; firewall, McAfee ePO, Tenable Nessus, log analysis, etc. I’ve also worked a number of aspects of Communication Security/Crypto and multiple disciples in Information Assurance.

Preparation:
I’ve been preparing on and off over the last couple years. Took a CISSP class as part of my undergraduate degree a couple years ago which included LabSim from Testout and last week I took a 6 day bootcamp through Infosec Institute (companied paid for)

Basically this is what I used :

AIO 6th Edition - Main reference
Eric Conrad – 11th Hour

ISC2 CISSP CBK 4th Edition
LearnSmart Systems CISSP Audio

InfoSec Institute Course Materials

Practice tools:

AIO 6th Edition Chapter Questions – Pro-tip… go back and highlight specifically where the answers are in the book. This helped immensely.

Also did 140 questions at the end… went back and highlighted.

Eric Conrad’s practice exams (http://booksite.elsevier.com/companion/conrad/practice_exams.php) Free

Skillset.com CISSP (free)
Questions in CBK 4th Edition

CCCure.training drag and drop and hotspot questions

InfoSec Practice Exams (500 total questions)

I probably went though about 2500 total questions.

I was not surprised by anything on the test for those hesitant about the new CBK. Took me 2 hours 40 minutes to complete and 20 minutes of review. I feel good about the test, but will have to wait 6 weeks to get the results. I’ll keep you guys posted.

Up next: In order: CEH, CFHI, GSEC, GCIA Gold, GCIH Gold, GSE

Comments

• Options
    dinhtqdinhtq Member Posts: 24 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! To You !
  • Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Just a question, why 6 weeks? was not on the computer?
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Options
    cperkins21cperkins21 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It was computer based, but they are taking 6 weeks to process results (psyhometric analysis) with the new CBK.
  • Options
    zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That really sucks they changed the time it takes to find out if you passed.. Based on your experience and preparation though I think you will be fine! Be sure to let us know when you get the results.
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    anyone know if the scores will always be delayed or if it is only until they complete the analysis?
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    successrealmsuccessrealm Member Posts: 104 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the writeup!

I hope the "delay" issue will be fixed by the time I take it at the end of June...
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    My understanding from past experiences with both psychometric tests and (ISC)2 in general is that it will take 90 days or one quarter to develop a large enough sample to qualitatively measure the results. In other words, don't hold your breath.

Plenty of candidates have successfully survived the long wait period to get there results in the mail, later email and mail and lived to tell the tale. Nerve wracking as it is or was its just part of process.

I've been through it three times myself. Each time it took little over six weeks to receive the notification.

- b/eads
  • Options
    ArchonArchon Member Posts: 183 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have my exam end of June as well icon_cry.gif
  • Options
    CISSP_RookieCISSP_Rookie Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello cperkins, first of all congrats for the exam!

I'm gonna have the exam really soon and I wanted to know if you consider the AIO6h + 11th Hour books enough to cover all the topics of the new exam or if it would make sense to integrate the study with additional material.

Thanks!
  • Options
    BYMYHAWK69BYMYHAWK69 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Took the new CISSP CBK today (15 May 15)

After completining it in 4 hours I was in red letter Congratulations!

And then I recived the print out that I'm being audit. Does this mean i didn't pass??