HR's -- What does this mean??

FrustratedFrustrated Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello Seniors,

Today I had an interview with one of the good IT firm. From my side it was a good interview. I answered almost everything except few things for which I was unaware. In the end technical recruiter asked me to wait for 5 mins. After that he told, as we are looking for some more candidates, now you can go, if shortlisted, we will call you back . What does that mean? Does the technical recruiter wanted to convey indirectly that I am not suitable for this position??Is it that I should stop expecting any calls from that company??

Please reply.

Comments

• FrustratedFrustrated Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I believe that means, if your selected for the next round of interviews we will call you back.
    Recruiters normally have little say (if any) in who goes to the next round.

Was this a phone interview or in person?
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA
  • FrustratedFrustrated Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Priston wrote: »
    I believe that means, if your selected for the next round of interviews we will call you back.
    Recruiters normally have little say (if any) in who goes to the next round.

Was this a phone interview or in person?
    I had two rounds. I cleared telephonic interview round after which I was called for Face to Face interview. This was the last round till now. It was day before yesterday, Friday. And this was technical one.
  • awitt11awitt11 Member Posts: 50 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If they were not interested in possibly offering you a job, they would have said so. They probably have a week or 2 blocked out for each stage of interviewing. In each stage they eliminate candidates until they have a "short-list". They would likely offer the job to the top candidate, and if that person declines (or wants to much $$) then they move down the list.
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have a rule, if they do not call me in two to three business days (most of the time I expect it the second day) they will not call me.

I forget it and keep looking.

I when I see interest on me and get feedback, etc, etc, I stop applying to some where else, now if a recruiter call me for an 0portonunity I say go ahead let see, why? because until I do not receive the official hiring letter it is still not secure.
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Frustrated wrote: »
    Hello Seniors,

Today I had an interview with one of the good IT firm. From my side it was a good interview. I answered almost everything except few things for which I was unaware. In the end technical recruiter asked me to wait for 5 mins. After that he told, as we are looking for some more candidates, now you can go, if shortlisted, we will call you back . What does that mean? Does the technical recruiter wanted to convey indirectly that I am not suitable for this position??Is it that I should stop expecting any calls from that company??

Please reply.

There is a chance you might be called back and a chance that you might not be. Keep looking.
  • IIIMasterIIIMaster Member Posts: 238 ■■■□□□□□□□
    They will consider you for the position along with others. Give them some time I say a week of nothing move on.