Options

I failed the 70-680 today

SpeedCostsMoneySpeedCostsMoney Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
I studied for 3 weeks straight and scored a 450 out of the 700. That exam kicked my tail. I set it up to take it again in the a couple of weeks. Any pointers?

Comments

• Options
    Matty IceMatty Ice Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Take a look at Professor Messer videos, he has an entire series dedicated to 70-680. I took mine last week and scored an 816.

Also, LAB like crazy!

Good Luck
  • Options
    DomesticDomestic Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If you haven't already, watch all of the videos here: Professor Messer's Free Microsoft 70-680 Certification Training | Professor Messer - CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, Linux, Microsoft Technology Training
    Then here: Windows 7 Free Training

When it comes to the test, try to rule out blatantly wrong possible answers. As I am sure you found out in the test there are multiple answers that seem legitimate or reasonable but if you can pinpoint at least one that could not possibly be the answer your chances of getting it right just shot up 8.33% on a 4 choice question.

Also keep in mind that MS tends to use these exams as a promotion for newer features like Bitlocker, Directaccess etc. Meaning that often answers that include these are the right answer as opposed to more vague answers that don't mention MS tools.

Also study up on the syntax for various commands such as cipher.

Either way it is a hard exam and not well written, don't be discouraged, use the sheet they gave you to help you figure out where you need to strengthen knowledge.
  • Options
    SpeedCostsMoneySpeedCostsMoney Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I got a month to get it done or I am going to be let go from my job. I had to get A+, Network+, and the 70-680 in 90 days. I got the others knocked out but the 70-680 is kicking my butt.
  • Options
    jacksonrjacksonr Member Posts: 106 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have it booked for the end of the month speed. Last 2 scores were 622 and 600. Really frustrating exam.
    I am using Messer, Windows 7 Free training and the official Microsoft book.

Labbing everything and determined to pass it this time.
  • Options
    AscetikAscetik Member Posts: 7 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I got a month to get it done or I am going to be let go from my job. I had to get A+, Network+, and the 70-680 in 90 days. I got the others knocked out but the 70-680 is kicking my butt.

Wow, that's crazy. Fired if you don't get 3 certs in 90 days? That's insane. I've never had an employer do that to me, and I've worked in a lot of companies doing IT.
  • Options
    srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I agree. I would not have accepted such a position. The 70-680 alone can easily require 3 months of studying and labbing.
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)