Options

OSCP Exam Question: Kali Image Refresh?

dgem8dgem8 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
For those that have taken the exam. During the exam were you required to start with a fresh copy of Kali?I ask because I'm two months into my studies and I'm trying to work on building a workflow with Kali. I'm saving scripts, user lists, and passwords. I'm also installing some software that is not specifically called out in the course materials. I would like to make sure that I'm not getting accustomed to a workflow that I won't be able to use during the exam.Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Comments

• Options
    MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    No you are not. I used the same machine that I used in the labs as I did for my exam.
  • Options
    dgem8dgem8 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Great. Thanks for the feedback.
  • Options
    mokazmokaz Member Posts: 172
    dgem8 wrote: »
    Great. Thanks for the feedback.

Also, it might be useful to others, i'm running my VMs on ESXi/vSphere and the PWK image has been build towards "desktop" virtualization platforms in mind (vmware workstation / virtualbox) and by default does not import successfully in vSphere env.. In order to port the Official PWK image to ESXi systems simply export the deployed image from a vmware workstation instance as a .ovf and import that package in ESXi.

cheers,
    m.
  • Options
    MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I was in the same situation. I couldnt get the image to load on my ESXi installation. I ended up just using the normal Kali .iso and adding a bunch of suggested tools I found in the Hacker Playbook.

I did find later that I could load it up with VMware workstation and then export it from there into ESXi.