1500 pages!!

MauryfrenchMauryfrench Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
Holy cow, I got the Mike Meyers CompTIA A+ Certification book today! From the looks of it I can not only pass the A+ exam but I should be able to build a space ship!

Comments

• xD LucasxD Lucas Member Posts: 107
    Meyers book has a lot of bloat. Cram Exam seems to be the "go to" anymore.
    2015 Objectives: MTA: 98-349 ✔ → CompTIA A+ → CompTIA Network+ CompTIA Security+
  • ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Wow!! Thats a big book. Way bigger that my CCNA book.
    2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
    CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I remember reading that book atleast three times....
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    that seems a bit insane, but I suppose for someone coming at it with no experience it may be what is required to cover it all. I have been building PCs and working with computers and technology since my early teenage years, and used the exam cram book to brush up on it before taking it. Best of luck in your studies :D
  • Armitron77Armitron77 Member Posts: 134 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Holy cow, I got the Mike Meyers CompTIA A+ Certification book today! From the looks of it I can not only pass the A+ exam but I should be able to build a space ship!

Study the ExamCram book and use the Mike Meyers book as a reference guide. Trust me. It works. That's what I did to obtain my A+ and I'm doing the same for the Network+. Good luck.
    Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer & Network Security
    Associate in Applied Science Degree in Network Management
    Associate in Applied Science Degree in Network Management/Cyber Security
    CompTIA A+ Certified | CE, CompTIA Network+ Certified | CE

2016 Goals: CCENT/CCNA Routing & Switching COLOR=#008000][B]IN PROGRESS[/B][/COLOR/CompTIA Security+ COLOR=#008000][B]IN PROGRESS[/B][/COLOR
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    1200 pages and lots of pictures....
  • xD LucasxD Lucas Member Posts: 107
    Honestly, I don't have much experience in the field at all other than taking a class or two 10+ years ago, and the ExamCram book has been doing just fine. I always compare the Meyers book to a dictionary. It's not necessary to read the entire book, but if you do, it can only be beneficial.
    2015 Objectives: MTA: 98-349 ✔ → CompTIA A+ → CompTIA Network+ CompTIA Security+
  • plrbear1028plrbear1028 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hi all-

I'm also studying for the A+, I was told to start off with 801, but I am studying from this book too. Should I get the exam cram? anything else?
  • pizzafordinnapizzafordinna Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    When I started studying for A+ I knew very little about computer. I LOVED Mike Meyers book. It gave me a more solid foundation than the two years of university learning had done for me. If you already consider yourself 'techie' the book might be tedious but if you feel like you're learning every chapter keep at it!