MTA: 98-349 Windows O/S Fundamentals

Has anyone taken this exam recently? What did you use to study? What should I expect? How long is the exam?
2015 Objectives: MTA: 98-349 ✔ → CompTIA A+ ✔ → CompTIA Network+ → CompTIA Security+

Comments

  • ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I took this a few months ago using the new online proctoring. To study I did the following: I signed up for the free CBT Nuggets 7 day trial. Watched all the videos over a 5 day period (M-F), then took and passed the exam on Saturday. I used the link below as a practice test, only missed 3 out of 50 questions.

    ftp://ftp.certiport.com/Marketing/Mt...thout_Crop.pdf
    2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
    CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!
  • xD LucasxD Lucas Member Posts: 107
    ssnyderu2 wrote: »
    I took this a few months ago using the new online proctoring. To study I did the following: I signed up for the free CBT Nuggets 7 day trial. Watched all the videos over a 5 day period (M-F), then took and passed the exam on Saturday. I used the link below as a practice test, only missed 3 out of 50 questions.

    ftp://ftp.certiport.com/Marketing/Mt...thout_Crop.pdf

    I appreciate your response!

    Is the actual exam anything like the PDF you've posted? I've looked over the PDF previously, and thought to myself, "There is no way the exam is this easy." I've been using the PDF and GMetrix to practice, and I can answer about 95% of the questions (both combined) correctly.
    2015 Objectives: MTA: 98-349 ✔ → CompTIA A+ ✔ → CompTIA Network+ → CompTIA Security+
  • ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The exam is easy, but its not as easy as the PDF.
    2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
    CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!
  • TechxWizardTechxWizard Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The test i found somewhat difficult, the questions will mess with you. I have 4 years desktop experience working for Staples. 1 year IT experience at my current employer. passing score was a 70 & that was my Score. i began studying 3 days prior to taking the test. I took it April 18th
  • TechxWizardTechxWizard Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I didn't even answers your question. sorry about that lol. I used some PDF i found online. test is 40 questions. they give you an hour. expect questions on bitlocker, encryption, TPM, windows editions, CPU specs. the test is all about windows and their features/fundamentals. Goodluck! I'm sure i couldve scored better but no one can prepare you for a divorce and the mental breakdown it has on you ;) smh.
  • xD LucasxD Lucas Member Posts: 107
    I'm scheduled to take the exam tomorrow. Of course, like most, I have a sense that I'm going to fail. I've heard really mixed reviews on the difficulty of the exam, especially for those with no PC background. I have a technical background, but not directly related to PC repair.
    2015 Objectives: MTA: 98-349 ✔ → CompTIA A+ ✔ → CompTIA Network+ → CompTIA Security+
  • G.O.A.TG.O.A.T Member Posts: 138
    Good luck, Im booking mine tommorow, Ive been mainly using training videos, but I have the official MS book, hoping to book it so I have a date to work towards. Also this exam is being retired in July!
  • xD LucasxD Lucas Member Posts: 107
    I took the exam this morning and passed with an 80/100. It was more difficult than I expected, but luckily I was in the process of studying for the A+ exam, so it wasn't really anything I hadn't already read about.
    2015 Objectives: MTA: 98-349 ✔ → CompTIA A+ ✔ → CompTIA Network+ → CompTIA Security+
  • G.O.A.TG.O.A.T Member Posts: 138
    xD Lucas wrote: »
    I took the exam this morning and passed with an 80/100. It was more difficult than I expected, but luckily I was in the process of studying for the A+ exam, so it wasn't really anything I hadn't already read about.
    Do you work in IT? what resources did you use?
  • xD LucasxD Lucas Member Posts: 107
    G.O.A.T wrote: »
    Do you work in IT? what resources did you use?

    No, I don't work in IT, and never have. I did this because I want to get into WGU, and they won't accept you without having a certification or prior work experience. I completed the easiest certification available.

    I read a good bit of Exam Cram, and found some practice tests at TechVeze.
    2015 Objectives: MTA: 98-349 ✔ → CompTIA A+ ✔ → CompTIA Network+ → CompTIA Security+
  • TechxWizardTechxWizard Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats xD Lucas!.
  • ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing the exam! icon_thumright.gif
    2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
    CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!
  • G.O.A.TG.O.A.T Member Posts: 138
    xD Lucas wrote: »
    No, I don't work in IT, and never have. I did this because I want to get into WGU, and they won't accept you without having a certification or prior work experience. I completed the easiest certification available.

    I read a good bit of Exam Cram, and found some practice tests at TechVeze.

    Thanks for that website!
Sign In or Register to comment.