Options

certification

mayowamayowa Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
someone help which it certification should i do, i dont have any certification presently, im in new jersey, do i have to go for classes or what do you advice me to do

Comments

• Options
    ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You can self study for the A+ exam. Pick up Mike Meyers book or the Exam Cram book as well as Professor Meser's training videos.
    2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
    CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!
  • Options
    Params7Params7 Member Posts: 254
    Well you're in the right subforum to start off.
  • Options
    twodogs62twodogs62 Member Posts: 393 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    TCainnnTCainnn Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would suggest to look into a course that teaches A+. I recently joined a program that allows the students to become A+ certified in 8 weeks.
    Per Scholas | IT Workforce Development Is the link if you are interested hopefully they have a site in your city/state.
    "Excuses are for the weak. Overcoming is for the strong"
  • Options
    orlandoflorlandofl Member Posts: 216 ■■■□□□□□□□
    As others have stated, I’d recommend CompTIA’s A+ certification first. I would not spend money on a class for the certification. Professor Messer’s videos, a good book, and practice tests over at examcompass.com are more than enough to pass this test with minimal costs.

Videos:
    Professor Messer's CompTIA 220-801/802 A+ Training | Professor Messer - CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, Linux, Microsoft Technology Training

Book:
    http://www.amazon.com/CompTIA-Certification-Guide-220-801-220-802/dp/007179512X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1430786385&sr=8-1&keywords=A%2B

Practice Tests:
    ExamCompass | CompTIA Practice Exams

Best of Luck,

-Travis
    • Education: B.A. Criminal Justice - Thomas Edison State University
    • Education: Undergraduate Certificate in Microsoft Server Administration - St. Petersburg College
    • Currently Working On: MCSA - Windows 10
    • Planned Certifications for 2017: MCSE - Mobility
    • Connect With Me On LinkedIn:https://www.linkedin.com/in/travisebyrd
  • Options
    ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ^^Thats the route I would take.
    2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
    CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!
  • Options
    bloodshotbettybloodshotbetty Member Posts: 215
    I came into with IT with ZERO experience. So far, I was able to study for the A+ exam and pass the first half (801). I used Mike Meyers, Exam Cram, Professor Messer, AND CBT Nuggets.

That being said- it took some pretty disciplined and rigorous studying. I took about 2 months to do so. But it is a great place to start!

A+ certified
    Bachelors of Science in Social Work, Augsburg College
    Working on: Network+