Options

ICND1 Passed!

MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
I was so incredibly nervous when I entered the room. I took the test at a local community college, got there around an hour early since I had no clue which building the exam was in. Made it in, filled out the paperwork and settled in. I finished the test in around 45 minutes, so I had plenty of time left over. My passing score was 907. I didn't blow it out of the water but, a pass is a pass. If I had calmed down and hadn't been so nervous my score may have been slightly better. I know at least one of the 4 question scenarios I only answered one of the questions on, it was a switch security question. Thankfully, that question didn't seem to be the make it or break it question - but next exam I will make sure I calm down and don't let my nerves get the better of me. In the end, I passed and that is what matters. My study materials include: CBT Nuggets and the Todd Lammle book. I used packet tracer for most of my studies - but now I have a live lab that I will use moving into the ICND2. I also used the Boson exams, and will probably use them again as well. They feel very similar to the actual feel. Some of the topics I would advise others to focus on (based on my exam, your bag of cookies may be different) is sub netting and OSPF troubleshooting. A strong understanding of how subnets work is important. Some of the questions were not worded too well, but overall the exam was pretty good. Going to start my studies for the ICND2 right away and hopefully pass it soon. My study time for the exam was roughly 60 days ~

My score breakdown:

Operation of IP Data Networks: 100%
LAN Switching Technologies: 82%
IP addressing IPv4 and IPv6: 100%
IP Routing Technologies: 86%
IP Services: 100%
Network Device Secuiry: 75% (I think not answering those 3 questions got me a bit here)

Comments

• Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    Congrats; very helpful post. :)
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! Good luck on part two icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    orlandoflorlandofl Member Posts: 216 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! icon_thumright.gif I'm starting CCENT studies in the next couple of days.
    • Education: B.A. Criminal Justice - Thomas Edison State University
    • Education: Undergraduate Certificate in Microsoft Server Administration - St. Petersburg College
    • Currently Working On: MCSA - Windows 10
    • Planned Certifications for 2017: MCSE - Mobility
    • Connect With Me On LinkedIn:https://www.linkedin.com/in/travisebyrd
  • Options
    joemysteriojoemysterio Member Posts: 152
    Congrats! I just passed today, too, but I scored considerably lower. 815. A pass is a pass I guess.
    Current goals: CCNA/CCNP
  • Options
    AwesomeGarrettAwesomeGarrett Member Posts: 257
    Congratulations! Keep it going!icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on getting your CCENT!icon_thumright.gif
    2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
    CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!
  • Options
    Codeman6669Codeman6669 Member Posts: 227
    congrats! Keep going!
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    Thanks for all the congrats guys! It definitely inspires me to move further.

@ joemysterio - You passed. That is the important port, you showed that you had the understanding of the material that they were looking for. The great thing about the exams is they score us on area. Now that you know what your weak spots are, you can improve on them!

@
    orlandofl - You have done the most important part already! You have decided to take it on. Good luck with your studies. As long as you put the work in, you can pass it.

• Options
    joemysteriojoemysterio Member Posts: 152
    Yeah that's the good part, I know where my weak areas are, so I can concentrate on that. Plus when I get into ICND2, I'm sure those weak areas will be reinforced with the new material so I should be okay by the time I finish ICND2. :)

Congrats again!
    Current goals: CCNA/CCNP
  • Options
    IS3IS3 Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    First off, Congratulations on the pass! :D

I am also reviewing for my exam, and a couple of questions though:

- How was the exam in terms of difficulty? is it difficult because the questions were worded in a weird way? or were you asked of topics that are not related to ICND 101-100?

- Will they give you the result once you pass the exam?

I also finished the CBT Nuggets videos for ICND 101-100 and ICND official guide by Wendell Odom.

I took a practice exam and failed miserably,... as if i didnt know anything about the topics...

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

once again congratulations on the fully deserved pass!
    :study:
  • Options
    daniel280187daniel280187 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well done Mooseboost !! Hard work get results!.
  • Options
    siggnationsiggnation Member Posts: 182
    Well done Moose!
    Currently Reading:

CCIE Routing and Switching Written Exam v. 5.1
    CCIE Routing and Switching 5.0 OCG, Vol. I
    Cisco Lan Switching
  • Options
    IS3 wrote: »
    First off, Congratulations on the pass! :D

I am also reviewing for my exam, and a couple of questions though:

- How was the exam in terms of difficulty? is it difficult because the questions were worded in a weird way? or were you asked of topics that are not related to ICND 101-100?

- Will they give you the result once you pass the exam?

I also finished the CBT Nuggets videos for ICND 101-100 and ICND official guide by Wendell Odom.

I took a practice exam and failed miserably,... as if i didnt know anything about the topics...

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

once again congratulations on the fully deserved pass!

The exam itself was not too difficult, but I was fairly well prepared. A handful of questions were worded in an odd way, but I suppose that is true with anything that is a worded question - there will always be answers and phrases to throw you off. I noted several questions that had information in them that had absolutely nothing to do with the actual question.

Once you pass the exam you will get your preliminary results, telling you if you have passed or not. Your "official" score should be the same. Your status will go from "pass" to "verified" once Cisco approves of the exam. Generally this doesn't take long. They say up to 10 days but mine was ready to go by the end of the test day.

I will echo the advice that was given to me: lab lab lab lab and more labs. It is one thing to know the information, it is another to understand and apply it. Hang in there and you will get it. I strongly urge you to heavily practice subnetting. I would say if I had time to only understand one thing for the exam, it would have been subnets. The study material you are using is pretty similar to what I used as far as learning material. If you don't have a physical lab I would check out packet tracer or GNS3. Understanding the CLI commands and how to implement them to troubleshoot is a good chunk of the exam.

Hang in there and you will get it! If I can do it, you can do it!
  • Options
    satishtechsatishtech Member Posts: 243
    I am going to buy Boson exams.
    How useful are the Boson exams ?
    Is any other better than them , transcender ?
    Any other resource for practice exams ?
  • Options
    I have not used transcender so I cannot comment on this, however I did use the Boson. I will be using it again for the second part of the exam. It really helped me. I would much rather spend the extra then have to pay for a second exam if I failed. However, if you do fail they offer a refund on their exam.
  • Options
    SimridSimrid Member Posts: 327
    Congratulations man :) I have mine soon - I'm so nervous it's unreal haha.
    Network Engineer | London, UK | Currently working on: CCIE Routing & Switching

sriddle.co.uk
    uk.linkedin.com/in/simonriddle
  • Options
    jekelljekell Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations and thank you for the helpful info. I am going the same route and also have the same videos and book you are using.
  • Options
    bub9001bub9001 Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats Mooseboos!!!
    “You were born to win, but to be a winner you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.” - Zig Ziglar

Goals for 2019: CEH, and CND
    Goals for 2019: CCNA or ECSA
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□