Private Cloud

wayne_wonderwayne_wonder Member Posts: 215 ■■■□□□□□□□
Anyone taking/already done these exams?

Just going through the cbt nuggets they're so so dry!! This is a work requirement more than me wanting to do itgod knows when i'd be implementing it

Comments

• SkellySkelly Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Anyone taking/already done these exams?

Just going through the cbt nuggets they're so so dry!! This is a work requirement more than me wanting to do itgod knows when i'd be implementing it

I've been working on prepping for them recently. The CBT Nuggets stuff is dry, but James Shields isn't as annoying as some of the other CBT Nuggets folks. I want to take both exams before the 31st, so I have second shot available if needed. But I'm starting a Service Manager project on Monday, so I'm not sure if I'll have the time.

A former co-worker of mine passed both of them last year, he said the only thing he used was the CBT Nuggets stuff. At that time, his only System Center background was with SCCM, but he's a really sharp guy and picks stuff up pretty quickly.

Let me know how it goes for you.
    2014 Goals: SCCM 2012 -Passed! MCSA 2012 -In progress, MCSE 2012 Server, MCSE Private Cloud
  • pjd007pjd007 Member Posts: 277 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Having completed the MCSE I was thinking about doing these exams but when I've looked on the job market there didn't seem to be much demand for them so I'm currently studying for the SCCM exam and after that I was thinking I might do both the exchange exams to get the MCSE messaging as i will be looking for a new job.
  • SkellySkelly Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    pjd007 wrote: »
    Having completed the MCSE I was thinking about doing these exams but when I've looked on the job market there didn't seem to be much demand for them so I'm currently studying for the SCCM exam and after that I was thinking I might do both the exchange exams to get the MCSE messaging as i will be looking for a new job.

Probably depends on where you are located, and where the products are in the upgrade path. Demand for skills tends to go in cycles. Last year I was buried in AD/Exchange work, so far this year it's mostly been SCOM and SCSM, with some demand for SCCM.

One thing, there's always a certain amount of Exchange work out there and IMHO it's a lot easier product to learn than SCOM and SCSM. But the System Center products typically pay better.
    2014 Goals: SCCM 2012 -Passed! MCSA 2012 -In progress, MCSE 2012 Server, MCSE Private Cloud
  • IrishTRIrishTR Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took the MCSE 2012 Private Cloud track back in June 2014 passed all 5 exams during the 2 week training. While my instructor for the first part (MCSA 2012 - 3 exams) was great and very informative and helpful, the actual Private Cloud piece (MCSE) which in came a "Microsoft" employee to teach was utterly worthless. Did nothing more than follow the step by step lab procedure with no knowledge or understanding of wth was going on. Thus it was follow the MS Study guide and poke around in the labs. Low and behold though I passed and received my certification. Granted I have been a previous MCSE from 2003, and doing IT for some 20 years now, my knowledge is all over the place between Microsoft and VMWare product support, it was interesting to see how much MS has become or trying to be what VMWare has been doing all along in the virtual regards. I appreciate them both tbh.

And now I actually get to perform the role in my job related to at least the SCCM management piece. I do feel the Private Cloud bit was heavily more focused towards SCOM with SCCM being a sliver. Good luck in your endeavor ahead