Options

Passed CCNA security

djcarlos2001djcarlos2001 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed today after a couple of goes mainly due to the very high passing score required. I used the official Cisco guide plus the Cisco command book And CBT nuggets but my advise for anyone working towards this fairly pricy exam is to venture into the web for tips and practice questions. There are plenty of resources out there which helped me without digging too deep. The Boson exam tool was good but many questions appear irrelevant to the syllabus in my humble opinion.

Create a small lab and get stuck into CCP ( if you can make it run in a stable way on your PC ) as that can be a challenge on its own. I used a Cisco 2800 series router at work plus a 3750x and 2960s for VLAN and spanning tree stuff. Nice small setup. We use ASA firewalls in production with VPN configs in place so this was a bonus, as you can't beat real life experience and configs.

Good luck!

Comments

• Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • Options
    ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    Well done, I actually made a lab from my GNS3 environment, found a way to plug CCP into it, but gotta be sure to run CCP as an admin or it takes a crap.

Got my test in about 3 weeks, most of the things on the videos I am watching are daily job functions, but learning the details about it is pretty cool. Hoping to put this exam away on the first try so I can move onto another one of Cisco's many expensive tests :)
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Options
    MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    ande0255 wrote: »
    Well done, I actually made a lab from my GNS3 environment, found a way to plug CCP into it, but gotta be sure to run CCP as an admin or it takes a crap.

Got my test in about 3 weeks, most of the things on the videos I am watching are daily job functions, but learning the details about it is pretty cool. Hoping to put this exam away on the first try so I can move onto another one of Cisco's many expensive tests :)

Good of news with GNS3... Don't forget to brush up on the R&S as old topics can appear once again. Subletting etc...
  • Options
    EdificerEdificer Member Posts: 187 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I'm on Chapter 9 'Securing the Data Plane in IPv6', slowly but surely!
    Thanks for the tip.
    “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” Confucius
  • Options
    H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations on passing your CCNA Security exam
  • Options
    Kinet1cKinet1c Member Posts: 604 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! My BSc exams are done on Monday and then I'll be starting on this later this week.
    2018 Goals - Learn all the Hashicorp products

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity
  • Options
    RomeoJettRomeoJett Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    what does this test cost to take?
  • Options
    Current UK price is £150 plus the VAT. There are no second chances included with that fee, so pay for each sitting. Can get expensive. This is notably dearer than the R&S exams.
  • Options