mikeybinecmikeybinec Member Posts: 484 ■■■□□□□□□□
Feel like an idiot posting this this but I can't figure out the color code on
the back of this panel I just bought.. I always wire T568B

Here's the pic and hope you can see it

Thanks

From the right to left of plug 1 from top to bottom its

6 orange 6 green (top right)
2 orange 2 green (bottom right)
3A 3B (top right column 2 going from right to left)
1B 1A (bottom column 2)
8 Brown (top column 3
4 Blue (bottom column 3)
7 (top column 4)
5 (bottom column 4)

I'll assume the numbers in white circle is i.e. white blue, white brown

Thanks

Cisco NetAcad Cuyamaca College
A.S. LAN Management 2010 Grossmont College
B.S. I.T. Management 2013 National University

Comments

• Options
    clarsonclarson Member Posts: 903 ■■■■□□□□□□
    well, first there are 4 color pairs of wires in the cable, orange/green/blue/and brown.
    ok 7 & 8 are brown. the 7 is in white because it is brown and white wire. 8 is solid brown because it is a solid brown wire
    pretty much the same for 4 & 5 but for the blue pair of wires.
  • Options
    then next to the brown there is a 3a in orange and a 3a in green. 3a is for T568a standard ( crossover cable). and 3b would be for t568b (straight through cable). 3a would be the orange/white cable and 6 is the orange cable. Then you would use 1a for green and white and 2 for green wires.
  • Options
    basically the difference between t568a and t568b is you swap the orange and green wire pairs.
  • Options
    As a general rule, T568A and T568B should not be combined or interchanged. Keeping in mind that T568B is the preferred format for new networks in the United States, you’re (technically) free to choose either wiring scheme for cases in which a new network is being built from the ground up. But when an existing network infrastructure is being expanded upon, it’s vital that you find out (through either records or cable testing) which wiring schematic was originally used, and continue on within that standard.Why is it so important that cabling updates and additions be made in accordance with the network’s original wiring standard? Continuity. It’s simple, really… if the wires don’t match up color-to-color and stripe-to-stripe when plugs and jacks are connected, data signals just won’t transfer.
    There are rare instances when T568A-wired components need to be connected to T568B-wired components, and in these cases, a crossover cable (a patch cord that has an A-configured plug at one end, and a B-configured plug at the other) is used to smoothly transition between standards without compromising data.
  • Options
    PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    T568B

1B. white orange
    2. orange
    3B. white green
    4. blue
    5. white blue
    6. green
    7. white brown
    8. brown

7 8 3B 6
    5 4 1B 2
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA
  • Options
    mikeybinecmikeybinec Member Posts: 484 ■■■□□□□□□□
    my other patch panels are straight forward. This new one has me scratchin''. thanks for replies all
    Cisco NetAcad Cuyamaca College
    A.S. LAN Management 2010 Grossmont College
    B.S. I.T. Management 2013 National University