Options

JNCIA thoughts

TrashmanTrashman Member Posts: 140
Passed my JNCIA exam this week.

What I liked whilst studying for this exam is how much Juniper is actually giving to you as a student.
Reading material, exam voucher, practice exam both online and the Junos Genius app, etc it's all there waiting for you.
This is more than just another pricey exam, and it kept me motivated all the way.

Study material:

Two PDFs
CBT Nuggets (Michael & Scott)
Juniper Learning Bytes
Junos Genius App

I also recommend the Junos Workbook website which contain many labs and one practice exam.
All practice was done on an SRX220.

I'm happy that I had my CCNA before studying for the JNCIA exam because it allowed me to understand features and the power of Junos over IOS a lot better, and I personally had a very good time whilst working on the equipment.

Cert wise I'm in the process of building a GNS3 lab so I will be starting my CCNP journey in the next few weeks, but I'm looking forward to come back and continue my Juniper journey after the CCNP (which will take time).:D
Bachelor of Science in Information Systems
2015 COLOR=#008000]X[/COLOR | 2016 COLOR=#ff8c00]In progress[/COLOR | 2017 | 2018

Comments

• Options
    rrobinhoodrrobinhood Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks, your post has answered some of my questions in my post. rrobinhood

Much appreciated. Also, just downloaded genius app!! very cool.
  • Options
    ccie14023ccie14023 Member Posts: 183
    Congratulations. I've been very impressed by the material produced by Juniper's education services, as well as the quality of their exams. As a Juniper employee I could be accused of bias, but objectively the material those guys produce is excellent. Good luck with your studies.
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    I took this last summer. I was very impressed with the Junos Genius App
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    mr_geramr_gera Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi guys, I am prepare for the JNCIA. If BGP,RIP and OSPF in the scope of JNCIA?
  • Options
    zoidbergzoidberg Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I was expecting to say yes, but I'm not seeing much for BGP, RIP, OSPF in the detailed objectives for the exam at all:
    Juniper Networks Certified Associate

The exam is based off the following three courses:

Introduction to the Junos Operating System: https://learningportal.juniper.net/juniper/user_activity_info.aspx?id=700
    Junos Routing Essentials: https://learningportal.juniper.net/juniper/user_activity_info.aspx?id=701
    Networking Fundamentals: https://learningportal.juniper.net/juniper/user_activity_info.aspx?id=769

Routing Essentials is a 1-day class, with one chapter for Routing Fundamentals, with one topic of that chapter as Dynamic Routing.

So looking at that, I would say there may be very little when it comes to those protocols, and if there is anything it will be very high-level. That's just my quick investigation on what may or may not be on the test. I haven't taken this test in ages (or maybe ever?) so I could be wrong, but I wouldn't sweat those topics too much until you hit the JNCIS.
  • Options
    For fun, I downloaded the study guides for the JNCIA exam (available here: Network Certification Program - Fast Track - Juniper Networks), and the section for Dynamic Routing is just a few pages. Very high-level overview of OSPF and a couple OSPF commands. There's a bit of talk around RIP and BGP when it comes to routing policy and route decision processes.
  • Options
    mr_geramr_gera Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    That the point,few pages about OSPF an that it.
    But there is a lot of questions about Cos,RIP and OSPF in the ****.
  • Options
    ccie14023ccie14023 Member Posts: 183
    mr_gera wrote: »

Stay away from ****. **** are cheating. Why would you want to pass a cert by cheating? And anyways, you have no idea how current the material is. Plus, the vendors usually do some sort of test validation to disqualify people who use them. Is that worth it?
  • Options
    mr_gera wrote: »

Then you're wasting your time studying the wrong material. Juniper will only test on the material contained in the courses they recommend for the certification exam. The PDFs you should be studying are available free from Juniper from this website: Network Certification Program - Fast Track - Juniper Networks