Options

Part time/Weekend Job

rockd24rockd24 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
I apologize if this has been posted before. I was hoping to get a few ideas on how to make extra income in addition to my current position. I'm on salary as a datacenter engineer (vmware,storage,ucs) and work M-F. It's currently not too busy to where I usually have weekends off and wanted to see if I could find something temporarily over the weekend.

I would prefer it to be IT/Computers related but it doesn't have to be. Just wanted to see if you guys had any suggestions just wanted to get some extra cash coming in to pay off debt.

Comments

• Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I started to drive for Uber this past weekend and I was pretty happy with it overall. Work when you want to and get paid weekly. Last thing I wanted was to do more IT work on the days I was off. I did the math and when you include the taxes, fees, and maintenance I was probably working for about $6.25 an hour. But if you dig a bit deeper and compare the total time to the time actually spent driving it worked out to be around $13 to $15 an hour. So for working 8:30 PM to 2:30 AM on Friday and 8:30 PM to 3:30 AM on Saturday I made $95 (not including tips). Thus $7.30 a hour to basically BS with drunk people.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff