Options

My 70-290 Experience (Funny!)

Chivalry1Chivalry1 Member Posts: 569
Funny story while I was at the testing site. While during the test the computer decides to shoot about "literally" 20 runtime c++ error messages on the screen, then it immediately rebooted itself. icon_eek.gif Immediately I feared I would have to retake the entire exam.

The proctor has the nerve to ask me what is it that I did to the computer. I was like idiot; I did nothing but select check boxes from the test. icon_rolleyes.gif He reboots the machine and gets the same runtime errors 20 times in a row. {I noticed that on reboot this "NEW" hp machine did not have XP SP2} icon_eek.gif After about 10 minutes of waiting on the phone with prometric they were able to get my test back up exactly where I left off. This is the 1st time I had a problem with testing.
"The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and
content with your knowledge. " Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)

Comments

• Options
    JiggsawwJiggsaww Member Posts: 195
    lol so i take it u passed right?
  • Options
    I passed. Because if I did not; I was going to have a serious problem with New Horizon and Prometric.
  • Options
    JiggsawwJiggsaww Member Posts: 195
    well congratz...........good luck with the next one.....
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats! You deserve this one!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    princess4peaceprincess4peace Member Posts: 286
    Congratulations!! could you share your methods of preparing for exam with us :)
    Knowledge is life
  • Options
    TURTLEGIRLTURTLEGIRL Member Posts: 361
    CONGRATULATIONS :D

Glad you made it icon_lol.gif
    If you don't know 24 then you don't know Jack!
  • Options
    I performed alot of hands on training and exercises. It took me about 3 months to completely study for this exam. Longest I have ever studied for a exam. (Security + took 2 months.) Books used:

Sybex (70-290)
    Microsoft (70-290)

I did not like either of the books listed here. If I had to choose I would say the Microsoft book was a little better than sybex. But again I was not impressed.
  • Options
    Whiteice27Whiteice27 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    sounds like somthing that would happen to me lol... i knocked the power cord lose when i took my CCNA lol, i jumped up during the middle of the test and said WTF!!!! infront of like 20 people lol!!!
    If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?
  • Options
    jpeezy55jpeezy55 Member Posts: 255
    I had a similar experience...Mine gave me a Virus Alert right after my first Simulation. The system kicked me out and the moderator had to come and reset the machine...luckily, all answers were still there!

The virus program thought the script was malicious...I was looking at it at first wonder how do I answer that question before I realized it was not a question at all!

Great posts guys, I've been reading for a long time, but just now posted.

BTW, I Passed 70-290! I'm signed up for 291 one month from now... icon_eek.gif
    Tech Support: "Ok, so your monitor is not working, the screen is blank, and no matter what you do it stays blank? Do you see that button on the bottom right hand side just below the screen? Press it. . . . Great, talk to you next time!"