Options

Pre-Interview Network Diagram

rebelutionrebelution Member Posts: 33 ■■■□□□□□□□
Does anyone have any experience with being asked to create a network diagram based on a scenario prior to the interview and then sending said diagram to the interviewers prior to the interview so they can analyze? Is this a new thing that's occurring? I've been asked to whiteboard and draw diagrams during the interview, but never before hand.

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I've never been asked to do that. Seems like it might be difficult unless quite a bit of information is given. Interesting concept though.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    Very general. Just gave me basics (i.e. - HQ location, 4 field Sites, 2 VPN sites). Basically told me to create my own diagram with whatever I wanted and to label it. Not difficult, just seems weird to me that they would ask that before, instead of during the interview.
  • Options
    hurricane1091hurricane1091 Member Posts: 919 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I mean, I was asked basic questions on the phone before an in person interview to show I was worth bringing in. Seems like a similar situation but new to me.
  • Options
    J_86J_86 Member Posts: 262 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Kind of sounds like they are just trying to test your skills to see you can explain the concepts behind the network setup. Just trying to see how you might set something up and not doing something completely out of scope? Seems like an interesting interview process.
  • Options
    I thought I might have read somewhere to beware of places like this as they might be looking to take your ideas and not hire you, but obviously I don't think that is the case.