Options

Windows 10 will be the final Windows version as we know it - going to the cloud

2»

Comments

• Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    @MTciscoguy:

I think MS has a good position going for them. They are the business powerhouse that almost every business application is created for. That alone means most people will stick with MS and put up with whatever changes they make simply because they have no alternatives that are practical/effective.

I agree 100%. A business losing microsoft outlook, excel, word or powerpoint. OMG business would stop.
  • Options
    MTciscoguyMTciscoguy Member Posts: 552
    N2IT wrote: »
    I agree 100%. A business losing microsoft outlook, excel, word or powerpoint. OMG business would stop.

Yes, they would, the transition time to another OS in our fast moving business world would be devastating. I am sure MS is in a good position.

My only point is, every single time they make a move, everybody gripes, goans and when it is over, we get spit out in the same point that we went in.
    Current Lab: 4 C2950 WS, 1 C2950G EI, 3 1841, 2 2503, Various Modules, Parts and Pieces. Dell Power Edge 1850, Dell Power Edge 1950.
  • Options
    Params7Params7 Member Posts: 254
    Consumer based OS on cloud really shouldn't be even talked about until widespread, unlimited internet is available to majority of internet capable populations today.

Here in India, I can't even think about how a cloud-based consumer OS will work. I can't even get netflix here without choppy bitrate and hitting the data caps within days. There's regions in the U.S. I know which have to deal with similar issues.