Passed ICND1!

CleverclogsCleverclogs Member Posts: 95 ■■■□□□□□□□
Took my ICND1 today and passed. This was my fourth attempt, with my last attempt at the end of February. This time around I was labbing like a madman, and stayed away from the Pearson Vue practise exams (The ones that come with the test in a bundle). Used the Boson practise exams instead, as well as CBT Nuggets. Super stoked to have passed, going to continue with ICND2 from Monday. Thanks to all who offered advice :) Final score was 854, which breaks down as:

Operation of IP Data Networks - 100%
LAN Switching Technologies - 64%
IP addressing IPV4 and IPV6 - 100%
IP Routing Technologies - 79%
IP Services - 75%
Network Device Security - 63%

My advice to others about to take this is to know your subnetting, know your show commands and to keep your cool. Knowing my subnetting enabled me to finish with 10 minutes to spare, whereas last time I ran out of time with 4 questions still to go.

Comments

• knownheroknownhero Member Posts: 450
    Congratulations big man! 4th times a charm. You'll be CCNA before you know it.
    70-410 [x] 70-411 [x] 70-462[x] 70-331[x] 70-332[x]
    MCSE - SharePoint 2013 :thumbup:

Road map 2017: JavaScript and modern web development

• creativeLiquidcreativeLiquid Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My advice to others about to take this is to know your subnetting, know your show commands and to keep your cool. Knowing my subnetting enabled me to finish with 10 minutes to spare, whereas last time I ran out of time with 4 questions still to go.
    Good stuff.
    Will keep that in mind when I go for it!

Congrats on passing!
  • MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass man!
  • MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    Congrats!! Keep moving!!
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
  • satishtechsatishtech Member Posts: 243
    How good are the Boson practice exams ?
    Do they have lots of questions ?
    How close is Boson to the actual exams ?
    Kindly comment.
  • CleverclogsCleverclogs Member Posts: 95 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The Boson practice exams are the most like the real thing. The "drag and drop" style questions are practically identical. The Boson ones also get you to do a fair bit of "sifting" (Going through show command output to find the bits that are wrong) which is good practice for the exam too. I'll be ordering the ICND2 practice exams from Boson on payday :D
  • MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The Boson practice exams are the most like the real thing. The "drag and drop" style questions are practically identical. The Boson ones also get you to do a fair bit of "sifting" (Going through show command output to find the bits that are wrong) which is good practice for the exam too. I'll be ordering the ICND2 practice exams from Boson on payday :D

This is spot on. I absolutely loved the Boson for ICND1. I can tell you, the ICND2 exams are just as good. It shocked me when I took my exam how close to the real thing they were.