Options

Failed ICND 1 feeling good, Will get it next time out

mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
I just got back from taking the ICND 1 test and I failed the Exam. I can say it was not by much.
I felling really good and I plan to retake here soon. It a nice day outside and I think I am going to go for a run and reflect on my test and then jump back into study mode tomorrow. This is the second time I have taken the new ICND 100-101 test.
The first time I bombed it. I did much better this time and I will pass next time.

Operation of IP Data Networks 100%
Lan Switching Technologies 64%
IP addressing IPV 4 and IPV6 33%
IP routeing Technologies 57%
IP services 100%
Network Device Security 50%
Troubleshooting 43%

Resouces used Thus far.
Boson Exam sim <---love this piece of software
Todd Lammle ICND 1 book
Udemy.com Chris Bryant CCNA videos
31 days before your CCNA exam book
YouTube video's
"A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino

Comments

• Options
    bharvey92bharvey92 Member Posts: 419
    Unlucky mate, what was your overall score? Looks like you just need to brush up on your v4 addressing/subnetting and probably compressing v6 addresses, types etc. Don't know if you do, but try and setup a physical home lab or GNS3/Packet Tracer to get your T.Shoot skills up.

You've got this next time icon_thumright.gif
    2018 Goal: CCIE Written [ ]
  • Options
    Thank you bharvy92. My total score was 722 , 804 needed to pass. I'm going to get this. My wife was sorry that I did not pass today but called me to say I've got this. She was very happy with my overall score as I am. It means stuff is sticking.
    "A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino
  • Options
    MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You were so close! Just take you worst categories and put a little more study in them. You will get it next time for sure!
  • Options
    HAMPHAMP Member Posts: 163
    Sorry to hear about failing. icon_sad.gif It's nice to read that your wife is totally in your corner and supports you. I truly know that feeling, because my wife is the same.

How come you aren't using Packet tracer? When you get more lab time in, that will raise your troubleshooting score. As already mentioned, getting a physical lab will help, but I only support the idea of buying equipment if a person plan to go beyond CCNA.
  • Options
    I have packet tracer and I have a small real lab. I just need more practice that's all. I have never been good test taker all my life.

Fats Domino
  • Options
    10Linefigure10Linefigure Member Posts: 368 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You have 100% the right attitude and thats half the battle. Good luck man, if you need help or want more resources for a particular domain do not be shy to asking! -Cheers!
    CCNP R&S, Security+
    B.S. Geography - Business Minor
    MicroMasters - CyberSecurity
    Professional Certificate - IT Project Management
  • Options
    bharvey92bharvey92 Member Posts: 419
    mgmguy1 wrote: »
    Thank you bharvy92. My total score was 722 , 804 needed to pass. I'm going to get this. My wife was sorry that I did not pass today but called me to say I've got this. She was very happy with my overall score as I am. It means stuff is sticking.

No shame in failing at all. Actually I have found failing has made me push myself further and study harder.. it's all worth it in the end!
    2018 Goal: CCIE Written [ ]
  • Options
    HAMPHAMP Member Posts: 163
    mgmguy1 wrote: »
    I have packet tracer and I have a small real lab. I just need more practice that's all. I have never been good test taker all my life.

It wasn't listed under your tools used "Resouces used Thus far", and that is the reason I mentioned it

Although for the CCENT there isn't much labbing to be done compared to whats needed for the ICND2 and beyond.

I look forward to seeing your posting saying you passed!!! icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Great attitude! Keep at it your almost there.
  • Options
    Chev ChelliosChev Chellios Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck for the next one dude, you've got this!!!! None of us truly knows success until we have failed at something, dust yourself off and smash it next time bro!
  • Options
    Thank you all for your kind words. My new Exam is set for July 11th. I shall study hard and see what happens.

Fats Domino