Options

Icnd2.... Ugh 788...

NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
So just got done taking the ICND2 and failed with a 788 score... Kinda debating on whether I should take another stab at it or not.

My goal right now is to have an Security Analyst position by this time next year. My certs I was planning on taking between now in then would be Sec+, GSEC, and CISSP.

Would it be beneficial to spend the money and retake this test? The only reason I was really taking it was to get some background knowledge in Networking before moving on to the Info Sec side of things. I know it would probably look a little better on a resume if I had it but I do have my CCENT and thinking that might be enough... Any opinions or thoughts? icon_redface.gif

Man it sucks failing a test

Comments

• Options
    mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I took the ICND 1 and failed today and this is my second time taking the test. I would stick with it. I got a 722 but that is best score I gotten to date.
    I am sure if keep at it you will get it. Don't give up.
    "A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    It sucks failing, but you'll definitely get more ROI from the CCNA than the CCENT. Suck it up and pass the thing!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    So close! Look at the topics you scored the least in. Did you feel confident in those topics?
  • Options
    joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    As close as you are, I'd definitely go at it again.
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I would definately take it now while your currently studying for it. Do a few job searches for CCENT and CCNA. I think you would be better off finishing the CCNA in the long run.
  • Options
    EdificerEdificer Member Posts: 187 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Was it the SIMS, or the questions? Do some more labbing with PT, review notes, and kill it! You got this.
    “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” Confucius
  • Options
    --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    You HAVE to do this again, and again and again if necessary.

The thing about failing these exams is that no one would ever know if you didn't tell us :) 788 is real close....do not stop at CCENT.
  • Options
    TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    People fail...it happens. Think of all the work that will be somewhat of a waste because you didn't get the certification.
  • Options
    MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    Failing's OK and I believe it's necessary! Don't take failing too personal, just keep moving forward. If anything, take extra time in your preparation and don't leave any stones unturned. Don't rush it. If you stick with this career everything will hinge on your networking base and best to take your time with the CCNA and really nail it. You've got this.
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
  • Options
    Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Member Posts: 621 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Give it another go! It sounds like you and I are on the same career track. I just finished CCENT and I'm looking at the ICND2 if only to prove I have a good understanding of LAN technologies before moving on to Sec+. You can do it and having taken the test already you will have a better shot than many. Good luck!
  • Options
    Codeman6669Codeman6669 Member Posts: 227
    I failed the CCENT the first time, went back two weeks later and passed.
    Just look at the bottom of the test and look at your percentages. Whever your week go on cisco site and look at the details of what that topic cover and find the ones your not so good at. Study then go back and pass. and yes if you went this far you might as well succeed
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies everyone! I'll probably schedule another go at it for a couple weeks... I know I can pass it, I just don't want to spend more money on another attempt icon_razz.gif I'll suck it up and bite the bullet though!
  • Options
    Just scheduled it for June 3rd...
  • Options
    HAMPHAMP Member Posts: 163
    Just scheduled it for June 3rd...

That is good, and much better than me. I should have taken the 2nd test by now, but I had been side tracked with things. I do plan to take it June also, just not that first week.
  • Options
    Best of luck HAMP, hopefully next month is a good month for both of us! icon_cheers.gif