Options

I passed !!!

theshanetheshane Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
So, I signed up for this site a week ago and have found it extremely helpfull in my studies.

I will say that I saw quite a few questions on logs and event veiwers in 2k on the Os test. So make sure to study those

The test is pretty easy so have fun. I pased with a 827 on the hardware and 695 on the OS (I never use event veiwers).

I used Exam Cram questions and A+ for Dummies 3rd edition.

Good Luck to all

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
  • Options
    huzzxhuzzx Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

Been a long time PC user before taking the test? Those few things you listed couldn't of been all that you used. I bet your personal experience helped a lot and solidified the study materials.

I'm currently using A+ for Dummies 3rd edition. Is there anything that this book failed to cover? Or weak in areas that I should know?
  • Options
    TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. That is a fine score! icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    CONGRATZ dude.......
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    princess4peaceprincess4peace Member Posts: 286
    Congrat(s) :)
    Knowledge is life
  • Options
    theshanetheshane Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    huzzx wrote:
    Congrats!

Been a long time PC user before taking the test? Those few things you listed couldn't of been all that you used. I bet your personal experience helped a lot and solidified the study materials.

I'm currently using A+ for Dummies 3rd edition. Is there anything that this book failed to cover? Or weak in areas that I should know?

I have actually been working in the field for 6 years now, but I still needed to do alot of studying. Those were the only books I have used.

A+ for Dummies is a good book to start with and then you should move on to something else. I dont think it left anything out, but it did not totally explain alot of items.

My advice for studying is to have a test pc lying around (If you are new to teh field) and put the various Windows Versions on it and try them out. I have an old laptop that had 98/me/2k on it in the last week. It helped out alot. I am studing for my MCSE and am dual booting 2k3 server and XP on my main machine, it makes so much easier to learn that way.

Also take as many test questions as possible, when you get them wrong just try to learn why that answer was wrong and apply that knowledge next time.

Good Luck to all.
  • Options
    leighleigh Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    cairtakercairtaker Member Posts: 140
    Congrats! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
    To protect and to serve(r)...