Options

Rejection letters

thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
After an interview do companies send out letters stating that you were not selected for a position or is a lack of positive response, such as them letting you know you got the job, indicative that you didn't get the job?

How long does it take companies to select a candidate for a position?

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Depends on the company. Sometimes you get an automated email when you're taken out of the running, sometimes they send it personally, sometimes you just never hear back again.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Totally depends on the company, no way to make a blanket statement. But, from what I've seen personally, more and more companies just don't bother replying to you if they aren't interested.
  • Options
    BradleyHUBradleyHU Member Posts: 918 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Depends on the company. Sometimes you get an automated email when you're taken out of the running, sometimes they send it personally, sometimes you just never hear back again.

/thread
    Link Me
    Graduate of the REAL HU & #1 HBCU...HAMPTON UNIVERSITY!!! #shoutout to c/o 2004
    WIP: 70-410(TBD) | ITIL v3 Foundation(TBD)
  • Options
    hurricane1091hurricane1091 Member Posts: 919 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Rarely do you get rejection letters. Sometimes you get an e-mail. Usually they just never get back to you.
  • Options
    --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□

This, this & this.
  • Options
    kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973

Just like with the ladies...sometimes you never hear back again *tear*.
    meh
  • Options
    markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I've noticed government jobs are the most likely to send a letter otherwise I usually never hear back.
  • Options
    mjnk77mjnk77 Member Posts: 164 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've gotten emails. If you respond back to ask them a question, it's doubtful you'll get a response.
  • Options
    thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    kurosaki00 wrote: »
    Just like with the ladies...sometimes you never hear back again *tear*.

lol, that's exactly what I was thinking.

Do you ever ask the interviewers how soon they'll be making the hiring decision? Is that an appropriate question?
  • Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    thomas_ wrote: »
    Do you ever ask the interviewers how soon they'll be making the hiring decision? Is that an appropriate question?
    Yes - that's entirely appropriate. And in many cases, it's expected.
  • Options
    --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    thomas_ wrote: »
    lol, that's exactly what I was thinking.

With the rare exception, I have treated interviews like a two way street. You have to follow the cadence of the conversation that they will dictate, but when you feel its your turn to ask questions, jump on it. I kept a few stock question in mind for all interviews but also made quick notes (1-2 words) of things I wanted more info on that have been discussed during the interview up to that point.