Options

Resume Critique

oxymoron5koxymoron5k Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey guys! I have researched some and read some posts on here about other resume critiques and this is what I have come up with. Thanks for all the support and I will make sure to pay if forward on here. Any and all advice is welcome! If I need to trash it I will I dont care I just want a good resume!

Notes
No official education.
1st job in IT.

Comments

• Options
    olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Why does it say Network Technician at the top? Is that the job you are applying for?
    I would remove that.
    Many would recommend bullet points filled with buzzwords over paragraphs. No one is likely to read the paragraphs you wrote
    I usually put certs at the top too.
    Good luck with your hunt!
  • Options
    Yes that is the position I am applying for. As far as the format goes I based it off of another popular resume used on this site as an example all the time. Maybe I need to change that part though I can always add more bullets.
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You could add a bit more technical detail to include up to 802.11ac, etc. Unless of course your position still includes a great deal of G2 cell connectivity and .11 b/g/n, etc. Then it would be best to simply skip it. icon_thumright.gif

Always list your most advanced skill on a resume and be specific as to what that skill is and what it entails. You want to promote yourself as being a bleeding edge without making an idiot of yourself, of course but you get the idea. What's pertinent? What's hot in your field. Its IT now not Data Processing. Looking forward is what we do for a career.

- b/eads
  • Options
    Awesome! I will be a little more specific with the summary on those. It is a little hard to specify to much because I am an IT generalist and do a little bit of everything.
  • Options
    Do I need a cover letter as well?