Options

Storage+ (SG0-001)

c0mptiac0mptia Member Posts: 149 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi All,

I been thinking about taking the SG0-001 in the next 2 weeks.
I been reading the Information Storage and Management by EMC.
Hope tha wil do it. I know my RAID.

Good luck to me

Comments

• Options
    Passed my Storage+ this morning....I been reading the Information Storage and Management by EMC..refreshing up on RAID and server plus material...

Thanks to TechExams
  • Options
    ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on getting your Storage+ Cert!icon_thumright.gif

What did you use to study for it? I have to take it by September so that I can keep my other CompTIA certs current.
    2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
    CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!
  • Options
    H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations on passing your Storage+!
  • Options
    ssnyderu2 wrote: »
    Congrats on getting your Storage+ Cert!icon_thumright.gif

What did you use to study for it? I have to take it by September so that I can keep my other CompTIA certs current.

I been reading the Information Storage and Management by EMC..freshing up on RAID and Server+ material...
  • Options
    ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
    c0mptia wrote: »
    I been reading the Information Storage and Management by EMC..freshing up on RAID and Server+ material...

Thanks. If I had been paying attention I would have noticed you said that in your first 2 post. icon_redface.gif
    2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
    CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    What made you want to take this cert? Just adding general knowledge? Or does it apply to your career?
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I personally took Storage+ because I was interested in studying more about storage technologies, NAS, and SAN. I found the material to be of only moderate usefulness because of the vendor-neutral nature of CompTIA's exam objectives. But it was certainly a good place to start to begin learning about storage as a beginner.

As a side note, I spent $125 on the official CompTIA/SNIA Storge+ student study materials. I no longer have any use for the book and I'm willing to sell it for cheap. PM me if you're interested.
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • Options
    evanderburgevanderburg Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The official Storage+ quick review guide is now out from McGraw Hill. I like it but I am the author so I have to say that. I'd love to hear your feedback on it.
    "You can never know everything and part of what you know is always wrong. Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing that. A portion of courage lies in going on anyway. " - Lan, Winter's Heart by Robert Jordan