Options

South Carolina Cisco Voice?

MowMow Member Posts: 445 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hello, I am thinking of moving to SC, around the Charleston area. I was wondering if there's much call for an experienced Cisco voice guy in that area? I don't see much in the job boards when I look around, so it makes me rethink wanting to move there. For reference, there's me, the fiance, and 5 kids, so I need a decent salary. Thanks for any insight anyone has!

Comments

• Options
    AnthonyGAnthonyG Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Check Roper Hospital System, they just finished a major upgrade to Cisco Voip.

There also is a consulting company around here that focuses on cisco voice products. I can't remember their name though icon_sad.gif

Also, might want to look about 5 hours north at the Raleigh area.
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply. I'm not looking to move yet, just trying to get a feel for the market. I want to move in two years.

Raleigh is hot for voice, but I don't want to move there. It's still an option, I guess.
  • Options
    kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
    Check Greenville as well since they have all of BMW, Michelin , Hubble lighting, and more out there off the interstate.

Otherwise there is a very large naval base near Charleston as well
  • Options
    AnthonyGAnthonyG Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I agree with Kohr-ah. Also, there are a lot of navy IT contract companies based out of here. Volvo is building its first factory here in SC just outside of charleston. Check out the charleston digital corridor too, it works with a lot of start ups in the area and is great for networking.

Volvo factory to bring 4,000 jobs to South Carolina - May. 11, 2015
  • Options
    Thanks. I am glad to hear that there is somewhat of a voice market around there.
  • Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    If you have 2 years consider getting your CCIE Collaboration that way there will be lots of remote work that you can look into. I just moved into a city without much voice work, so everything I do is remote. Having a CCIE would really come in handy during these times.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    shodown wrote: »
    If you have 2 years consider getting your CCIE Collaboration that way there will be lots of remote work that you can look into. I just moved into a city without much voice work, so everything I do is remote. Having a CCIE would really come in handy during these times.

I have thought about it, but I have no employer support. It would be all out of pocket. I am still considering it, though. Thanks for the reply!