Is it possible with just this?

CyberscumCyberscum Member Posts: 795 ■■■■■□□□□□
I am in the process of preparing for the CCNA. Is it possible to study and pass the CCNA using only this material in two months time?

I have only CISSP network knowledge.

-CBT Nuggets ICND1 and ICND2 courses
-Wendell Odom's ICND1 and ICND2 cert guides
-Packet Tracer

Comments

• MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think it would be doable. It will come down to how much study and lab time you put in. CCBT Nuggets CCNA videos are awesome. When I passed ICND1 I used CBT Nuggets and Todd Lammles books, but everyone raves about Odom's book. I think you should be good as long as you put the effort in. Are you going for the dual exam or taking the two exam route?
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Definitely gonna need to put in a good chunk of time to get it in 2 months, but I think it's doable.

There is even a CCNA in 60 days book out there
  • CyberscumCyberscum Member Posts: 795 ■■■■■□□□□□
    @Moose
    2 Exam route. Although I am trying to knock it out fast, I really want to embed the info in my head. Doing the 2 test route seems like I will retain the info a lot more than the single test route.

Thanks for the info!
    Definitely gonna need to put in a good chunk of time to get it in 2 months, but I think it's doable.

I can put in about 3-4 hours at work (Odoms book) and maybe 2 hours a day at home for labs
  • xnxxnx Member Posts: 464 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It's possible but the quality of learning / cramming will influence how well you retain and understand what you've learnt
    Getting There ...

Lab Equipment: Using Cisco CSRs and 4 Switches currently
  • markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    That's the exact materials I used and it took me around 2 to 2.5 months, with zero Cisco experience.
    markulous wrote: »
    That's the exact materials I used and it took me around 2 to 2.5 months, with zero Cisco experience.
    Nice! I actually think I got them from one of your posts ha ha. How much did you use packet tracer?

Any study/strategy advice you would be willing to share?
    xnx wrote: »
    It's possible but the quality of learning / cramming will influence how well you retain and understand what you've learnt
    Yeah I hear ya, I might extend it out. Depends on how much I am retaining.
  • markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Cyberscum wrote: »
    Nice! I actually think I got them from one of your posts ha ha. How much did you use packet tracer?

Any study/strategy advice you would be willing to share?

I had TONS of downtime at work so I used it every single day and would create different topologies. I still tinker on it here at work.

Subnetting should come second nature. In Packet Tracer, I'd recommend experimenting with OSPF, EIGRP, spanning tree, frame relay. Have different networks talking to each other between a WAN. Packet Tracer has server setups so I setup a DHCP and DNS server. Nothing really pertinent to the exam, but helped me troubleshoot a few things that are on the test that are semi-related.