Options

who actually paid for their vmware course?

Comments

• Options
    ShdwmageShdwmage Member Posts: 374
    I just put my name in the hat for this. I am working on a lot of stuff for my degree, but getting VMWare cert would be awesome. How long am I looking before I should expect to hear anything? 6 months?
    --
    “Hey! Listen!” ~ Navi
    2013: [x] MCTS 70-680
    2014: [x] 22-801 [x] 22-802 [x] CIW Web Foundation Associate
    2015 Goals: [] 70-410
  • Options
    STANLY_CCSTANLY_CC Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You can send me a private message with your full name, and we will be glad to check your status on the wait list.
    Shdwmage wrote: »
    I just put my name in the hat for this. I am working on a lot of stuff for my degree, but getting VMWare cert would be awesome. How long am I looking before I should expect to hear anything? 6 months?
  • Options
    kendr1ckkendr1ck Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm trying to PM you to check my status as well, but I can't find that option. Is there some kind of limitation that new forums members can't send private messages? Anybody know?

EDIT: Actually just read the welcome email and saw that it says 10 posts are required for PMing. I'll get on that.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Deathmage wrote: »
    that's the one thing I like about my new employer, it's a first for me, they want to pay for my education. So every chance I can get I'm taking to further my technical learning experience.

Great feeling ain't it. I am doing the same but getting my degrees done now while under employee tuition reimbursement... icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    WagnaardWagnaard Member Posts: 124
    I did. For UCSC.
  • Options
    HP_GuyHP_Guy Member Posts: 77 ■■■□□□□□□□
    jibbajabba wrote: »
    Here in England we got no choice but to fork out £3120 .. Which according to Google is around $4780 ... Not many pay that here themselves.

I'm in England. I took the Stanly Course icon_smile.gif
  • Options
    HP_GuyHP_Guy Member Posts: 77 ■■■□□□□□□□
    gorebrush wrote: »
    Can I do that from the UK?

I did, gorebrush icon_smile.gif
  • Options
    We currently do offer the course to students int eh UK. We can offer the VMware class only to individuals and not as part of corporate training. The course is conducted entirely online, including labs, in an asynchronous manner which basically means it is available to students 24/7. Students can study at their own pace provided you meet the minimum due dates set by the instructor. The courses are 8 weeks in length, and the current tuition & lab fee costs total $185. There is also an optional textbook available through our book store.

We enroll students in the VMware courses in the order in which they registered on our online wait list. If you have not added your information to this list please do so at https://vmware.stanly.edu/waitlist.php. We apologize for any delay, but as you can imagine these classes are extremely popular. We make every effort to accommodate all students in a timely manner.

At this time, due to evolving changes in higher education regulations, SCC is unable to serve all of the students that are interested in our courses or programs. SCC will no longer be able to offer distance education online programs or courses for students residing in Alaska, Arkansas, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Wyoming.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. You can also visit our VMware page on our SCC website https://www.stanly.edu/future-students/continuing-education/technology-courses/vmware-vsphere-install-configure-manage.
    gorebrush wrote: »
    Can I do that from the UK?
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    For those of you who have done this, do you actually use VMware at work? or was it primarily just for the knowledge?
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I paid for it myself, thanks to Stanley.

Mike, I use it at work, apparently its part of my job as network admin, though my company wasn't going to pay for a VM course and yet expected me to have the knowledge. heh

At least it has helped me and will continue to help me in my career i think. So it's been worthwhile and money well spent.

My next goal is storage, probably
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]
  • Options
    mjnk77mjnk77 Member Posts: 164 ■■■□□□□□□□
    slee335 wrote: »
    i'm trying to find a local CC in the NYC area i check the google doc they have one school touro but i don't see anything on there website. i called them up waiting for them to get back to me. i tried googling for NYC surprised nothing really came up expect CCCIT and stanly. do they have to be on the list if i call up CC and they have it?

If you are looking at local community colleges, you need to see if they have a "Continuing Education" department. That is where they would list/offer the classes.
  • Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    dave330i wrote: »
    It depends on how big of a salary jump you can gain with a VCP.

I got a 18% pay increase when I went to the new job from having my VCP. :) - can only imagine what the CCNA will do to justify the means once I DO acquire it.
  • Options
    dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I got a 18% pay increase when I went to the new job from having my VCP. :) - can only imagine what the CCNA will do to justify the means once I DO acquire it.

Pocket change. icon_wink.gif I got a $62k pay increase when I got my VCP. :p
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • Options
    someperson49someperson49 Member Posts: 82 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you sign up for this with Stanley, do you definitely get the 70% off exam voucher?

For this Certificate do you have to take the training with a VMware authorized provider?
  • Options
    anoeljranoeljr Member Posts: 278 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Pocket change. icon_wink.gif I got a $62k pay increase when I got my VCP. :p

Holy #$%* batman lol. Your pay increase is my yearly salary lol.
  • Options
    You do have to take the training with an authorized provider, and Stanly is an authorized VMware IT Academy. However, the vouchers are distributed now by VMware. They do not come from the school.
    If you sign up for this with Stanley, do you definitely get the 70% off exam voucher?

For this Certificate do you have to take the training with a VMware authorized provider?
  • Options
    dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    anoeljr wrote: »
    Holy #$%* batman lol. Your pay increase is my yearly salary lol.

My numbers are misleading since I was technically unemployed when I got my VCP.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • Options
    chopstickschopsticks Member Posts: 389
    For me, I paid for it.
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■

Yep, like Dave, one of my VCAPs gave me a $68k bump. I was underpaid before it though and changed employers, but still great value ;)
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It depends on how big of a salary jump you can gain with a VCP.

30k salary increase after getting my VCP. :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    My numbers are misleading since I was technically unemployed when I got my VCP.

HAHHAA, that's awesome
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    whizzerwhizzer Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Anyone know what the waiting list time is for Stanley? Days, Weeks, Months? TIA
  • Options
    Send me a private message, & I will be glad to check your status on the list.
    whizzer wrote: »
    Anyone know what the waiting list time is for Stanley? Days, Weeks, Months? TIA
  • Options
    hailhailhailhail Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I done mine with Stanly CC, 200$ and 70% off voucher, exam in 5 weeks
  • Options
    IsmaeljrpIsmaeljrp Member Posts: 480 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Company paid for my DCV - ICM course vSphere 5.5. I think they paid around $3,000 for it.

Me being in a Tier I NOC position earning 25k year Base, you can imagine how happy that made me. :)
  • Options
    SvobodaSvoboda Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Any cost effective alternatives to Stanly?

They aren't available for me as I live in Indiana.
  • Options
    whizzerwhizzer Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Another option is to get the Cisco CCNA first. Then you can take the VCP-NV and then the VCP-DCV. Not the quickest way, but it could be cheaper.
  • Options
    slee335slee335 Member Posts: 124
    got into stanly for aug class woo hoo.
  • Options
    SpetsRepairSpetsRepair Member Posts: 210 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What's included? I saw some vmware courses on udemy but no idea which exams they are for
  • Options
    slee335slee335 Member Posts: 124
    not sure what included this is my first time taking a class.