Options

Fun story, I've interviewed with 10 people from the same company in two weeks.

2»

Comments

• Options
    ThackerThacker Member Posts: 170
    BradleyHU wrote: »
    wait...u didn't discuss pay up front first? And then you did all those interviews to not be selected??? couldn't be me doing that...

We discussed pay on my first interview. He even wrote the number on my resume before anyone else saw it. The HR / recruiter guy called me just to confirm an offer of that amount would be "what was needed to bring me on".
  • Options
    BradleyHUBradleyHU Member Posts: 918 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thacker wrote: »
    We discussed pay on my first interview. He even wrote the number on my resume before anyone else saw it. The HR / recruiter guy called me just to confirm an offer of that amount would be "what was needed to bring me on".

Ah ok...fair enough. Ionno how you did all those interviews. I only need to come into the office a max of 2 times, before i'm over a job opening. I don't mind meeting with a bunch of ppl in those 2 times, but once it goes past that, i'm over it, and more than likely will say i'm no longer interested.
    Link Me
    Graduate of the REAL HU & #1 HBCU...HAMPTON UNIVERSITY!!! #shoutout to c/o 2004
    WIP: 70-410(TBD) | ITIL v3 Foundation(TBD)
  • Options
    ThackerThacker Member Posts: 170
    BradleyHU wrote: »
    Ah ok...fair enough. Ionno how you did all those interviews. I only need to come into the office a max of 2 times, before i'm over a job opening. I don't mind meeting with a bunch of ppl in those 2 times, but once it goes past that, i'm over it, and more than likely will say i'm no longer interested.

I really need a job. That's why.
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    Thacker wrote: »

After my last interview, I was told I had to talk to one more person "before an offer".

After that was finished, I was contacted the next day to tell discuss money, confirm a number and they sent over their benefits package. I felt something was odd because I was told they "would make a final decision within 2 days"

Well two days, was 4 days ago. I finally reached out this morning for an update and I was told I was not selected as they have decided to go a different path with the position.

Very weird process, and disappointing overall. I suspect they wouldn't even have sent me an update if I didn't reach out for one.

Mine has gone similar.. I had my last meeting, and figured the official offer was coming any day. They did the same write my dollar amount on my resume, and then still meet with me 2 more times..

However it had been 2 weeks since my last meeting, so I sent a follow up email... then nothing. tomorrow will be a week since my follow up email with no response.

sorry you had to go through that, it sucks
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    aderonaderon Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have had that happen. Got the offer, it required top secret clearance which they assured me would go off without a hitch. Well, a hitch happened and the offer was rescinded. Darn that Edward Snowden. Plus, I have other stories of going on interviews that would make you cringe. LOL

Would you mind elaborating on that? How long did the background check take and were you just expected to not apply anywhere else while they figured things out?
    2019 Certification/Degree Goals: AWS CSA Renewal (In Progress), M.S. Cybersecurity (In Progress), CCNA R&S Renewal (Not Started)
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    aderon wrote: »
    Would you mind elaborating on that? How long did the background check take and were you just expected to not apply anywhere else while they figured things out?
    The company thought since I had a secret clearance, I'd be able to get a top secret. The also hired two other people with the same thought. The government told them otherwise. Our offers were rescinded. I was in another position at the time (and I did not give notice until they found out).
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    as a follow up to this.. I got a rejection for mine today as well. However I already accepted a different position so I'm fine with it, but had I been holding out all this time, it would have sucked big time. Crazy to think they would spend so much time going through so many interviews, just to pass
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark