Options

Comptia Nearly done, what next?

kingwijkingwij Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

New to this! I've been an IT apprentice for two years, I have passed my MTA Networking, A+ a while ago and Security+ on Friday. I am going for my Network + as its free to me and counts towards my modules, but once I've done that. Whats next for me? What other certificates should I aim for, and what is the best road in your opinion to go down? All opinions are appreciated:D

Thanks guys,

Comments

• Options
    JohnLJohnL Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    In all honesty, it depends entirely on you. You need to go after what makes you happy. Don't go down a path just because someone says you should. This is something that I know all too well and am just now going after what makes me happy. If you enjoy networking then I would look into getting your CCENT and CCNA. Network+ will be a general idea of networking but the Cisco exams will really test your comprehension of it.
    B.B.A. in Finance - 2007
    A.A.S. in Computer Networking & System Administration - 2014
    M.S. Information Security and Assurance - 2016
    CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, CEH, CHFI, CCNA: Routing & Switching
    Working on CISSP
  • Options
    kingwijkingwij Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks John, you're right :D
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Just let the force guide you. :)

I went CompTIA > Microsoft > Cisco > ISC2 > GIAC.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Agreed with the others. Base it off of which area you want to focus on. If you're not 100% sure what you want to do (which is OK IMO), then I'd personally recommend going after the CCNA. It's good knowledge to have in almost any environment. Even if you change your mind that you want to go more towards systems or virtualization, no one is going to ding you for having a Cisco cert.
  • Options
    NovaHaxNovaHax Member Posts: 502 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Why move on? There are at least 10-15 more CompTIA certs you can get icon_wink.gif