CISSP annoying pscho analysis got me nuts

SansSans Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
I decided to rgister and join to share with everyone the feeling of failing an exam where your bowl moves like you're in a roller coaster when I recieved an email from ISC2 today at 7:00 eastern time. My hands started to shake and when I opened the email it was a discount for the upcoming training seminar for the new cissp exam. I was like .... *#!! I wasn't sure if it was sent on purpose to say "hey, get yourself prepared. U didnt pass and we're giving you a discount to take our new training session".

It's just annoying to wait for so long and at the end they tell you that you failed. I still dont understand the idea behind this analysis and how it insures integrity of the exam! I tried to contact ISC2 and i was provided with links that add more confusion to my question.

Anyway, it's nice to join this forum. Thanks to cissp psycho analysis for having me joining this great forum.

Comments

• RollTideRollTide Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Wait.. so did you get a response saying you failed or still waiting on psycho analysis? For some reason, I couldn't figure that out from your post. Man, your post is just like the damn exam.. confusing and ambiguous!
  • analystanalyst Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think he imagined the email said he failed but in reality it was just ISC2 trying to sell him more product.
  • renacidorenacido Member Posts: 387 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I too have been getting occasional conference/training spam from ISC2 and similarly opened those emails anticipating my CISSP results.

I was bouncing off the walls like many here then decided enough's enough and got over it. I'll know when I know, until then I have some ninja stuff I gotta go do... icon_smile.gif
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Note to self: never take beta/new exams. Kudos to those who have patience. Seriously, I know my limitations. I just can't handle now knowing the results immediately. I refused to take CISSP until they went away from the paper based test. Same reason why I won't take CISM until it goes CBT.
  • kalkan999kalkan999 Member Posts: 269 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yea, those 'register for CISSP exam' emails are sadistic. They must really get a laugh out of that in (ISC)2 land. Both times I took the PBT and waited, I received the same emails, and both times I did wind up failing. HOWEVER! Everyone gets those emails, meaning that a lot of people who passed but didn't know it yet, also received those preemptive 'register' emails. Good luck and let us know.

-Kalkan999
  • josephandrejosephandre Member Posts: 315 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I literally can't imagine the stress of having to wait that long for the results. it was torture when my screen said that the results were at the front counter. I would legit have a breakdown to wait that long and be told I'd failed. really sorry for those who have to go through it.
  • SansSans Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Oh man this exam is driving me crazy! I didnt fail or may be I should say I dont know if I failed or not. I still dont understand how the psychometric analysis would preseve the integrity of the exam! And now the new emails that were sent got me super nervous!!!!!
  • renacidorenacido Member Posts: 387 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The snail mail from Pearson Vue will have a code and instructions for requesting your exam result request application, which you send off via courier on horseback, and after administrative review your results will be encoded on a parchment in a bottle flung into the sea. Upon discovery of said parchment, you'll have the means to intercept the transmission of your exam results over short wave radio, then all you need is an Enigma machine to decrypt the message into plaintext. Then you'll know if you passed or not, simple as that.
  • SansSans Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I thought encapsulating the horse with a red SSL blanket suffice!