Use older books for the new CISSP CBK?

newjacknewjack Member Posts: 106 ■■■□□□□□□□
I just passed my SSCP April 9th, took a little break from studying and now I am ready to start studying for the CISSP. But there are no 3rd party books out yet for the new exam. Is it fine to just go ahead and use the older books and possibly Security+ 401 Professor Messer videos?

Thanks!

Comments

• renacidorenacido Member Posts: 387 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Older books cover 90%, just do a bit of your own research on pentesting, cloud security, SDLC, BC/DR, and wireless security and you'll be fine with the new exam (took mine a month ago, awaiting results).
  • newjacknewjack Member Posts: 106 ■■■□□□□□□□
    renacido wrote: »
    Older books cover 90%, just do a bit of your own research on pentesting, cloud security, SDLC, BC/DR, and wireless security and you'll be fine with the new exam (took mine a month ago, awaiting results).

Sounds good, thank you. I think I read that the latest book coming out for the 2015 CISSP is Oct/Nov? Is that true?
  • renacidorenacido Member Posts: 387 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You mean the 4th Edition CBK? It's out but the consensus (which I agree with) is that it needs a LOT of revision.
  • newjacknewjack Member Posts: 106 ■■■□□□□□□□
    renacido wrote: »
    You mean the 4th Edition CBK? It's out but the consensus (which I agree with) is that it needs a LOT of revision.

Yes, and that's what I heard too. That's why I am wondering if it's still good to go by the Shon Harris AIO 6th edition and the Erik Conrad book.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    AIO and Conrad books are excellent resources and are here to stay, most likely being revised now. The CBK is what it is. It did not magically change overnight in April. You should be fine.
  • Hamalp60452Hamalp60452 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Check out CISSP in 3 Weeks. It's available on Amazon Kindle.
  • grungeisevilgrungeisevil Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    What you heard about the new CBK is true. I totally skipped it, and just read about the new topics online. All the best!