PASSED: MS 70-687 Configuring Windows 8.1

revealreveal Posts: 5Member ■□□□□□□□□□
Took it May 28th and passed. I used Microsoft Virtual Academy videos, MOAC labs and book, exam ref, and downloaded an evaluation of Windows 8.1 Enterprise and Windows Server 2012 DC.

I'm interested in hearing if I should take the Windows 7 certifications as most businesses still run XP/7 and then will be moving to 10 sometime in the future and skip 8 all together.

Comments

• ccnpninjaccnpninja Senior Member EuropePosts: 1,008Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    من طلب عزائم الأمور ، هان عليه بذل النفس فيها - محمد إبن ابي عامر
    www.keyboardbanger.com
  • DrovorDrovor Posts: 137Member
    Congrats! Personally, I would skip the Win 7 cert if I already have a Win 8 cert.
  • mancmanc Posts: 35Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well done on passing the 70-687 icon_thumright.gif

Would you mind adding a few further comments about the types of questions you came across during the exam ie: quite weight towards File History maybe USMT, Powershell etc?

Thanks in advance.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Gaming Tech Expert Silicon Valley, CAPosts: 4,009Member ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, GCP Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • jtaylor18jtaylor18 Posts: 1Registered Users ■□□□□□□□□□
    how did you study for the exam?
  • greg9891greg9891 Posts: 1,174Member ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats
    Certs Gained 2018: CCENT ,210-255 ( Cyber Security Operations)
    Upcoming: ICND2, CTT, 210-250 (Cyber Security Fundamentals)

Isaiah 28:10 - For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line; here a little, and there a little.