Options

Cloud cert ISC2?

CyberscumCyberscum Member Posts: 795 ■■■■■□□□□□
Is this really accurate? To date there is only 1 person in the US holding the CCSP (certified cloud security professional) from ISC2.

https://www.isc2.org/member-counts.aspx

Comments

• Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I'm not sure why ISC2 and the CSA got together to create a certification when CSA already has the CCSK. I probably missed a press release, but it strikes me as odd.
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The (ISC)2 usually grandfathers a certain number of people into an exam before releasing the exam to the public. These are the folks who built the original curriculum. I noticed during the HCISPP rollout there were like 23 people who already had the credential but that I was the second person to pass the exam itself. More psychometric analysis, waiting, misery... you get through it.

I suspect this maybe the case but hopefully an under reported case - nonetheless.

- b/eads
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,039 Admin
    I just check on the (ISC)2 Web site and as of June 1, 2015 only one CCSP certification has been granted. It's nearly impossible to search for this cert on the job boards because of the collision with Cisco CCSP.

I agree with beads that people who work to create a new (ISC)2 cert are usually grandfathered into it. This was certianly the case with the CSSLP. Maybe those member counts haven't been tallied yet.