Passed ICND2 this morning

quickman007quickman007 Member Posts: 195
That was tough. Like, way waaayyy more difficult than the ICND1. The topologies were more difficult, the questions asked about more of the small details, and you get less time to top it off! Another guy on the forum said "know your spanning tree and frame relay" and I can definitely confirm this. The spanning tree questions are a time glutton. I felt like there was an unusual amount of questions on topics that either weren't covered or were covered briefly in my study material. Several times I was scratching my head wondering where the rest of the info for the topology was. Every show command was I tried was unavailable except for the one Cisco wants you to use.

Hilariously, I did great with WAN technologies even though it's my weakest area and was second guessing several of my answers, yet I was comfortable with the routing technologies and troubleshooting questions and didn't do so well with them.

Score: 854

LAN Switching Technologies: 82%
IP Routing Technologies: 64%
IP Services: 100%
Troubleshooting: 76%
WAN Technologies: 100%

Not too happy with my score but it'll do. Thinking about picking up Network Warrior to fill in some of the gaps. I've heard it's a great book for Post-CCNAs. I don't want to dive into the CCNP until I'm firm in the CCNA topics, so that book along with some labbing should keep things fresh while adding to my knowledge. Gotta give that resume an overhaul next week as well...Oh, and I used Wendell Odom's book, CBTNuggets, and my home lab to study.

Comments

• koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Stigma39Stigma39 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey quickman007

I am taking the full 2 part test this Monday coming up. I did the classes at Miami Dade Community college and they actually bought a program called transcender in order for the students to practice for the real exam. I'm pretty nervous about the test as are most of my classmates hence me looking in forums for test taker's opinions and comments about the test they just took ( like you ).
    This transcender program is supposed to be the closest thing to the real exam but yet the few times I have practiced on it I fail to see configuration questions as in using CLI commands.....everything is multiple choice. Is that correct ? Also, the part about lots of questions which were never really covered in class but are asked in the test.....see lots of those ?

I'm using the EXAM CRAM book which was recommended by the professor which comes with a DVD as well.
    Anything you can tell me would help and calm the nerves down.

Thanks
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    There are simulations on the actual exam where you will need to use "show" commands to find answers.

Transcender does not give examples of those, just multiple choice questions like you said. To be prepared you will want to use a lab and be able to configure the exam topics on equipment.
  • quickman007quickman007 Member Posts: 195
    Stigma39 wrote: »
    Hey quickman007

I am taking the full 2 part test this Monday coming up. I did the classes at Miami Dade Community college and they actually bought a program called transcender in order for the students to practice for the real exam. I'm pretty nervous about the test as are most of my classmates hence me looking in forums for test taker's opinions and comments about the test they just took ( like you ).
    This transcender program is supposed to be the closest thing to the real exam but yet the few times I have practiced on it I fail to see configuration questions as in using CLI commands.....everything is multiple choice. Is that correct ? Also, the part about lots of questions which were never really covered in class but are asked in the test.....see lots of those ?

I'm using the EXAM CRAM book which was recommended by the professor which comes with a DVD as well.
    Anything you can tell me would help and calm the nerves down.

Thanks

Most of the questions are multiple choice but there are a few different types, some you need to type in the CLI like you would on a real device. Like NetworkNewb said it's just show commands.

I wouldn't say there were lots of questions that weren't covered in my studies, but about 5 or 6 had me scratching my head. Go over the objectives until you're comfortable with them and you'll be golden. If you're taking the one big exam you should be fine, the ICND1 material isn't that bad (for me it wasn't, anyways).
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    ConGrats
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Raymond MasonRaymond Mason Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations man! I am super excited for you. :D Lots of work and effort paid off
  • SimridSimrid Member Posts: 327
    Congrats man! Thanks for the tips and the breakdown. Good luck on your next exam!
    Network Engineer | London, UK | Currently working on: CCIE Routing & Switching

sriddle.co.uk
    uk.linkedin.com/in/simonriddle
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Member Posts: 621 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Way to go, Congrats! Hopefully I'm only 2 months behind you :)