Options

Office vs 365 question

DyasisDyasis Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
So I do some side work and I have a church that has 5 users and they are upgrading 2 workstations, and he wanted to know what to do for office. I told him about 365 and he was interested.

What I'm asking since I'm not really a sales person is, what are the benifits to get 365 over a box copy, besides the cost. I think they are considering the $8.25 per user license.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    BerkshireHerdBerkshireHerd Member Posts: 185
    Identity & Access Manager // B.A - Marshall University 2005
  • Options
    markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Biggest benefit is with O365 you get much more premium support from a well respected help desk like Microsoft... icon_lol.gif I kid, I kid...

It kind of depends what office applications they primarily use and what their needs are. If it's just a few people that use Word and maybe Excel, then I'd probably rather just fork out the money for Office and not have to worry about paying anything else.
  • Options
    J_86J_86 Member Posts: 262 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Generally with 365 you have Office on 5 devices per license. So each use could install it on a laptop or home computer if they are doing church related work at home. They don't have to worry about having an outdated version, you'll get free upgrades when the next latest and greatest version of Office comes out.

Microsoft gives Office 365 away to non-profit organizations if they meet a list of certain criteria, you should check into that as well.
  • Options
    WilliamK99WilliamK99 Member Posts: 278
    I know I use Office 365 for home, and I get unlimited cloud storage along with my Office 365, I also get to use it on 5 devices, so for me at least it is worth the investment. Haven't researched much for non-profit's, but I am assuming they include cloud storage with business accounts too.
  • Options
    techfiendtechfiend Member Posts: 1,481 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Does office 365 outlook roam across devices, eg. if you login at any computer will outlook be all setup with signatures and all? If it does, that alone would be very useful in the corporate setting. We have office 2012 with office365 exchange and it's either deal with the headache of roaming profiles or setup outlook for whoever uses the computer.
    2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
    2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)